Seeking product-centric solutions
- Are Some Brands Stretched Too Wide? Windecker, Ray // Automotive Industries;Feb2000, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p21
Deals with brand management in the automobile industry. Information on umbrella brands; Important points to consider in brand management; Data on the sales performance of several automobiles.
- DCX GOES FLEX. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug2000, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p68
Looks at some of the approaches that DaimlerChrsyler is using to provide the means by which to launch more product rapidly. Importance of flexibility; Information on the company's standardized build process; Cost considerations.
- WHAT FIAT CHRYSLER HAS UP ITS SLEEVE FOR BRAND TRIO. McCarthy, Michael // Advertising Age;5/12/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on automobile industry firm Fiat Chrysler, discussing a five-year business plan announced by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sergio Marchionne in which two Dodge automobile models will be discontinued in favor of similar Chrysler brand automobiles. An advertising campaign of...
- WHICH ONES SHOULD GO? Halliday, Jean // Advertising Age;7/14/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 27, p3
The article focuses on the automobile manufacturer General Motors (GM) Corp. The company denied a report in "The Wall Street Journal" newspaper it was considering selling or closing down most of its eight brands of automobiles. Industry analysts said such a move would be good for GM, but was...
- Francilien sets production benchmark. // Rail Business Intelligence;6/19/2008, Issue 320, p6
The article reports that Bombardier has set up a dedicated production line for the Francilien bodies in Great Britain. The body production line allows work to progress at three levels including floor, inside the car, and on the roof. It also uses more advanced techniques with higher levels of...
- On The Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec99, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p10
Presents tips for automobile company managers. Steps to increase work initiatives; Techniques that can increase personal productivity; Nonessentials that drain managers.
- Selling im. Katcher, Philip // Automotive Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p18
Presents ways to help any automotive retail outlet improve its selling impressions. Check sheet to evaluate an automotive retail store's performance.
- Time to be a finder-outer. Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;Jan1997, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p9
Editorial. Comments on automobile industry management. Need to reward the `finder-outers'; Emphasis on individuals who always know the answer; Information technology.
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep90, Vol. 18 Issue 3, Number 3 p119
Presents an abstract of the article `The Need by Auto Manufacturers to Reassess Corporate Strategies,' by Joyce P. King and Algin B. King.