On the management side
- PERSONNEL SELECTION METHODS USED IN ARIZONA LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Loehr, Virginia M.; Arellano, Esther; Levine, Edward M.; Porter, Wayne; Posegate, John // Public Personnel Management;Sep/Oct73, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p327
Focuses on personnel selection methods used in local government in Arizona. Number of agencies using the performance testing; Forms of oral examinations used; Verification of application letters.
- Can your mail procedures manage risk? Martin, Lisa // NZ Business;Mar2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
The author stresses the importance for business owners to be able to manage business correspondence and mitigate risk involved in mail.
- Hiring Success: Strategy 49: The Offer. Pritchard, Christopher W. // 101 Strategies for Recruiting Success;2007, p135
Chapter 4 of the book "101 Strategies for Recruiting Success" is presented. It offers guidelines on constructing an effective offer letter. The elements of an offer letter include a genuine welcome language, compensation and position specificity and disclaimer and liability protection. It is...
- Creative, Cost-Effective Staffing. Weber, Peter S. // Association Management;May2003, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p72
Provides tips for cost-effective staffing. Benefits in hiring part-time employee; Advantages of internships; Ways in reducing insurance costs.
- Employee selection is a business basic. Basile, Frank // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/9/95, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p17
No abstract available.
- Less is more: Just because your business is growing, doesn't mean you need to hire more people. Dunn, Bridget // NZ Business;Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p50
The article explains why hiring really good people, and not more people, is critical to the growth of a business.
- Avoid 'shiny object syndrome' when plotting growth. Clegg, David // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p29
The article provides an answer to a question about the idea of capitalizing the opportunities of the business by hiring new talents.
- Bidding Wars. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p7
Reports that companies are losing their top job candidates to counteroffers, according to a survey conducted by Christian & Timbers. Comments from Christian & Timbers President Jeffrey E. Christian.
- Competency-based hiring. Vincola, Ann; Mobley, Nancy // Executive Excellence;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p17
Discusses the benefits of competency-based hiring for organizations. Identification of the critical success factors needed by the company to meet its goals; Creation of foundation to drive business performance; Stages of performance management.