Electricity futures contracts: A tool midwest Utilities say they don't need yet
- Common clearing hits Chicago. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the contract between Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Chicago Board of Trade Common Clearing Link in Illinois. Preparations done in clearing member firms for the transition; Coverage of the deal; Benefits derived from the business move.
- CHARTVIEW: S.A. BEANS LAUNCH, MEAL TO COME? // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2005, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the move of the organization Chicago Board of Trade in launching anticipated South American soybean contract. Effort to hedge their meal commitments; Need for a fair market and fair pricing system; Estimation of the commercial interests and meal contract.
- ESpeed to Offer Treasury Futures Trading. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;1/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Reports that U.S.-based company eSpeed has made a foray into electronic futures trading by signing a deal with the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) for distribution of CBOT's products. Benefits of the deal to customers; Details of screen configurations developed by eSpeed.
- Wheat and grain markets buying time. Anderson, Kim // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;11/ 5/2012, p2
The article reports on the contract prices for wheat and corn in the U.S. market as of November 2012. It mentions that the prices contracted by the Kansas City Board of Trade (KCBT) for wheat and the Chicago Board of Trade (CBT) for corn showed a sideways pattern. It discusses that the wheat...
- ECONOMICS. SCHUMACHER, M. A. // America;3/11/1922, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p502
The article examines the efficiency of the U.S. Grain Growers Association and the Chicago Board of Trade in Illinois to help farmers solve the excessive variation in returns for agricultural production in 1922. It says that the futurity of a contract set by cooperatives with growers has an...
- Arbitration and the Contract Exchange. SCHWARTZ, ANDREW A. // Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution;2014, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p299
An essay is presented on the claims for arbitration useful in the resolution of exchange-related disputes. Topics discussed include laws made for the regulation of online consumer contract exchanges, role of arbitration in resolving the disputes related to commodities exchange of America and...
- August 1, a cold day in…. McMahon, Chris // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2006, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses the plan of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) to launch a side by side agricultural electronic trading in Chicago, Illinois. According to CBOT chief executive officer Bernard W. Dan, the listing of agricultural contracts was due to the strong demands by customers and...
- CBOT brass must treat bidders equally. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p20
The article comments on IntercontinentalExchange Inc.'s (ICE) bid for the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT). The nearly $10-billion offer by ICE threatens to torpedo the $9-billion merger CBOT executives negotiated with the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. While shareholders will ultimately determine...
- World Trade: The Commodities Market. // Faces;Mar2015, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses several aspects of commodity market and trading issues. It informs about cocoa beans which are traded by people called traders or brokers who work for trade houses that deal in commodities. It also mentions that commodities that are traded in two ways including actuals and...