First southwest denies allegations of gross negligence in clearing lawsuit
- First Southwest CEO tells his side of the story in recently filed court papers. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30308, p5
Reports on First Southwest Co. chief executive officer Robert K. Utley III's response to allegations in a suit filed by Hillel A. Feinberg over a large loss in clearing securities trades. Business relationship of Utley and Feinberg; Feinberg's motion to force Utley Group to sell him its...
- First Southwest settles suit by former owner. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30526, p2
Reports on the settlement of a lawsuit filed by former First Southwest Co. owner Robert K. Utley III against the company. First Southwest's claim that Utley's company's ownership interest gas been acquired by firm employees; Background on the Utley Group II Ltd.'s lawsuit against Hillel...
- The bloodbath that wasn't: Judge throws out first Southwest partners' feud. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p3
Reports on the ruling by Dallas County District Judge Michael Oneill on the lawsuit by Utley Group II Ltd. against First Southwest Co. partner, Hillel Feinberg. Dispute between Feinberg and Robert K. Utley III; Case details; Results of investigation by independent director John Massey.
- First Southwest Continues Reign as Regional Leader. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p28
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based First Southwest Co. has been named the top financial adviser in the south-west region of the United States. Number of employees in the company; Brief profile of Decker Jackson, founder of the company; Number of bond deals performed by the company in 2002.
- New appointments for First Southwest. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/19/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30276, p8
Reports on appointments in First Southwest Co. Paul E. Schlosberg as president and chief operating officer; Jeffrey J. Walter as senior vice president of administration for public finance department; Scott O. Fertig as vice president and chief supervisory officer of compliance.
- First Southwest grows Texas-sized, looks past bond work's old borders. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;01/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30318, p1
Focuses on the expansion and diversification plan launched by First Southwest Co. Challenges faced by the company in launching the expansion plan; Comment by Hillel Feinberg, chief executive officer of the company; Issues made by the company as senior manager; Background to the company's...
- Brownsville, Tex., Splits $100 Million Bond Issue Between Two Underwriters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p3
Reports that First Southwest Co. has decided to divide a 100 million dollar bond issue for the city of Brownsville, Texas. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- First Southwest Goes West. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p1
Reports on First Southwest Co.'s opening of an office in Los Angeles, California. Expansion plans of the company; Clients of the company; Banking business.
- School and Police Bans. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p31
The article reports that North Reading, Massachusetts will sell about $13.2 million of general obligation anticipation notes to fund an elementary school and a police station. The financial adviser is First Southwest Co. The bond counsel is Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP. The notes will be...