Elections watchdog sues San Fransisco over stadium vote
- Voting Integrity Project. Schwalm, Steven // Human Events;03/28/97, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on the independent organization Voting Integrity Project. Functions of the said organization; Accomplishment of the organization; Comments by Helen Blackwell on computerized voting; Blackwell's plan to established some standards for computer voting.
- Mayor Brown? Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;3/20/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p6
Speculates on whether California's Democratic state Assembly speaker Willie Brown will run for mayor of San Francisco in 1995. His odds of winning, according to party pros.
- Willie Brown: A Gifted Politician From The Good Old Days. Remmers, Jerry K. // Moderate Voice;8/22/2010, p11
The article features San Francisco, California Mayor Willie Brown and his political career as member and Speaker of the California state Assembly.
- San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown bans casual dress for staff at city hall. // Jet;2/26/96, Vol. 89 Issue 15, p33
Reports on San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown's policy concerning casual dress for his city hall staff.
- California: Could Willie still reign? // Human Events;12/2/94, Vol. 50 Issue 46, p8
Comments on the position of California speaker, Willie Brown. Republican performance in the state assembly elections; Brown's position in relation to California's 1991 adoption of term limits.
- Hell on wheels. Bowers, Michelle; Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p24
Reports that Mayor of San Francisco, California, Willie L. Brown Jr., made the decision in 1998, to repaint faded bike lanes and investigate the provision of additional lanes. Complaints which bicyclists in San Francisco have; Reference to Critical Mass, a monthly bike ride; Comments from Dave...
- San Francisco's Willie Brown wins again. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p3
Reports on the reelection of San Francisco, California Mayor Willie Brown. Runoff election between Willie Brown and Tom Ammiano; Success of the campaign of Brown.
- Local Dems aid Willie Brown. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/21/95, Vol. 86 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the fundraising activity in New York City, New York, to support California State Assembly Speaker Willie Brown's mayoralty campaign in San Francisco.
- Another profile in courage. // Common Cause Magazine;Fall95, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on California Assembly Speaker Emeritus Willie Brown's willingness to take political contributions from tobacco companies.