U.S. Judge releases New Mexico from order mandating improvements to its prison system
- ALABAMA JeffCo Sewer Improves. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33704, p9
The article reports that a federal judge in Birmingham, Alaska has ruled that a portion of sewer system in Jefferson County, Alaska could be removed from the country's 1996 consent decree for violations of the Clean Water Act.
- Ohio's mentally ill prisoners get historic consent decree: Both sides agree. Cohen, Fred // Corrections Today;Apr96, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p156
Reports on the consent decree ruling handed out by a US District Court in Cincinnati, Ohio in favor of the lawsuit filed by the state's mentally ill adult prison inmates. Facts of the case; Use of a collaborative process in finding solution to the problem; Fault found for the Ohio Dept. of...
- CLR questions Cohen on consent decree. // Corrections Today;Apr96, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p160
Presents an interview with Fred Cohen regarding the Ohio mental health consent decree. Substantial compliance with the decree; Impact of money on compliance; Role of the plaintiff's counsel; Problem on the dual responsibility for inmates between the Dept. of Mental Health and the Dept. of...
- Consent Decree Challenge. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/6/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33726, p7
The article reports that the Michigan Court of Claims has been asked by Detroit's corporation counsel to overturn the consent decree recently made between the state and city under which an emergency takeover could be avoided by the city.
- GTE requests decree's demise. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;4/17/95, Vol. 228 Issue 16, p1
Reports on a motion filed by GTE Corp. with a US District Court in Washington, D.C. on April 1995 asking that it be released from a 1984 consent decree keeping its local exchange properties out of the long-distance business. Background on the decree; Plans by GTE in case of the decree's...
- CONSENT DECREES AND THE PRIVATE ACTION: AN ANTITRUST DILEMMA. Stedman, Robert W. // California Law Review;May65, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p627
Explores ways in which the U.S. government can seek to protect private parties from two potential detriments of a consent decree. Examination of two means by which private litigation may be able to derive benefit from a government action notwithstanding the entry of a consent decree; Judicial...
- When Microsoft wins, do we lose? Seymour, Jim // Australian Personal Computer;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p52
Comments on the US Justice Department's consent decree regarding Microsoft Corp.'s alleged violation of antitrust laws. Microsoft's virtual domination of the global software industry; Domination of Microsoft Office in the software-suite business; Benefits of competition to computer software users.
- Dairy farm enjoined for illegal drug residues. Segal, Marian // FDA Consumer;Mar1996, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p34
Reports that Hogan's Misty Meadow Dairy owner and operator David L. Hogan signed Oregon's first consent decree of permanent injunction involving illegal drug residues found in animal tissues. Findings of an Food & Drug Administration (FDA) inspection on Hogan's compliance with the terms of the...
- Wastewater Pact Reached. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33712, p9
The article reports on the agreement reached by the Atlanta, Georgia officials with the state for the modification of a 1999 federal wastewater consent decree that would extend the final completion date from 2014 to 2027.