Former NASD executive joins Dover
- Revered state senator to lead parade. THACKER, STACY // Navajo Times;7/30/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 30, p2
The article reports that New Mexico State senator John Pinto will lead the 94th Gallup Inter-Tribal Ceremonial day and night parade.
- John B. Pinto named administrator course director for Hawaiian Eye. Hasson, Matt // Ocular Surgery News;6/25/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p30
The article announces the appointment of John B. Pinto as administrator course director of the Hawaii Eye 2010 meeting from January 17 to 22, 2010 at the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa.
- The Trevi fountain (Book Review). Konvitz, Josef W. // American Historical Review;Dec86, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p1233
Reviews the book 'The Trevi Fountain,' by John A. Pinto.
- Fueled by community needs, NM's Native legislators get bills moving. KEANE, COLLEEN // Navajo Times;1/29/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 4, pA-7
The article offers the insights of 91-year-old New Mexico Senator John Pinto on the things that he need to do as a senator for the improvement of his community.
- NASD veteran John Pinto to retire; Mary Alice Brophy to be replacement. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p4
Reports on the appointment of Mary Alice Brophy as successor to John E. Pinto, executive vice president who oversees the National Association of Securities Dealers' various compliance and education programs. Retirement of Pinto in September 1997; Brophy's current post at Dain Bosworth Inc.;...
- NASD aide: Banks should face a higher standard. Talley, Karen // American Banker;1/27/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 18, p13
Interviews National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) vice president John Pinto about the proposal to regulate bank broker-dealers. Rationale behind NASD's proposal to regulate investment sales; Response to criticism on standards of holding banks; NASD proposed rules.
- People & Politics. // State Legislatures;May2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p6
This section presents an update on several public officials in the U.S. New Mexico Senator John Pinto, a member of the Navajo Nation, was honored by his colleagues for his 30 years of service in the Legislature. Representative Richard Cathcart was elected Delaware's new House Majority Leader,...
- Tribes ask lawmakers to OK collaboration bill. BAKER, DEBORAH // Native American Times;2/13/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the request by Indian leaders for New Mexico lawmakers to approve a measure mandating closer cooperation between state agencies and tribes. Under the collaboration bill sponsored by Senator John Pinto, cabinet-level agencies are required to designate tribal liaisons who...
- NASD: Bankers are overreacting to planned broker-dealer rules. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;1/23/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 14, p17
Presents National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) executive vice president John Pinto's response to bankers' reaction to NASD's plan to regulate bank broker-dealers. Restriction of securities firms and bank broker-dealers from paying referral fees to people not registered with the NASD;...