Support could build next year for measure to reduce federal role in transportation
- PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p124
A list of the top private transportation companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Bell Trans, Limousines, Sedans & Buses, AWG Charter Service and Presidential Limousine.
- The impact of weather and climate on transport in the UK Thornes, John E. // Progress in Physical Geography;Jun1992, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p187
No abstract available.
- Regional transit. Sutro, D. // Architectural Record;Sep1990, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p128
Photo essay with text of the new Escondido Transit Center. Distinctive vernacular style used by Pacific Associates Planners Architects; Influence on Escondido's current architectural direction.
- New way to commute in Baltimore. // Architectural Record;Oct1990, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p19
Describes a new commuter rail system for Baltimore, Maryland. Stations; Stops in suburbs and downtown.
- U.S. Postal Service expands express shipment services. Proctor, P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/1/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 18, p111
Discusses the US Postal Service's planned expansion of Express Mail markets and its competition with Federal Express and United Parcel Service. The Postal Service will continue to lease aircraft, with an initial two-year contract with Evergreen International Aircraft to provide aircraft and set...
- The Oleander Project: Monitoring the Variability of the Gulf Stream and Adjacent Waters between New Jersey and Bermuda. Rossby, T.; Gottlieb, E. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Jan1998, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p5
Presents a survey which overview the operation of a program which monitored the Gulf Stream structure and variability and transport between Bermuda and New Jersey. Indication that the Gulf Stream comprises of two separate modes of ocean circulation; Discussion on the vorticity field and energy...
- Transportation Info. // Business NH Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the transportation sector in New Hampshire compiled as of July 2003. Ranking of bus service providers based on the number of passengers for fixed routes in 2002; Vehicle registration and licenses.
- You ride, I'll pay. // Brookings Review;Summer92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p48
Examines the social benefits of transit subsidies. Justification for the subsidies; Society as a beneficiary of mass transit; Need for cost-benefit analysis; Measuring social benefits; Tough decisions; Capturing the value of social benefits; Worth every penny.
- Transit wish list totals $60 billion. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;1/13/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
Reports that local politicians and government agencies in New york City, New York are planning to make improvements in the transportation system that would cost 60 million dollars. Various tasks that will be the part of the project; Issues on which the agencies are unable to reach a consensus;...
- How consumers get taken for a ride. Hood, J. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1989, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p31
Opinion. Criticizes government subsidies and regulation of mass urban transportation. Transportation options. INSET: The Federal role; Other government-imposed costs.;Current....