Illinois legislature clears school bill with $1.1 billion bonding component
- Penny-wise Award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/18/97, Vol. 44 Issue 33, p1
Commends legislators in Suffolk County, New York for passing a resolution urging the Suffolk Community College Board of Trustees to roll back a proposed tuition increase or face financial penalties.
- Student fees on the rise to help defray costs. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/25/95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the increase in student fees for a variety of school services that formerly came free. 1975 ruling of Illinois Supreme Court that charging fees for supplementary supplies and services does not infringe on a student's right to a free public education; Comment of parents; Trend in...
- Legislative update. // Education Week;10/25/95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p25
Reports on summaries of final action by legislatures on state education budgets and other education-related matters. Budgets of Michigan and Missouri; Fiscal year 1996 state budget; Fiscal year 1996 K-12 budget; Budget highlights.
- Calif. educators seek to cash in on good times. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;4/10/96, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p19
Focuses on the battle over surplus government funds in California. Proposal by Governor Pete Wilson for an increase in the education budget and a tax cut; Opposition to tax cuts; Estimated decrease in amount of revenues available for schools by the proposed tax cut.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;02/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p13
Presents summaries of governors' budget requests for schools and highlights of proposals on the state education agendas in the United States as of February 19, 1997. Proposed state budget for 1998; Estimated enrollment; Proposed budget for kindergarten to grade 12.
- Republicans take aim at Clinton education budget. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;3/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p19
Reports on the criticisms on President Clinton's education budget. Proposals for new national tests, school construction aid and corps of volunteering reading tutors; Anti-drug programs.
- Business taxes among other school-funding options. // New Hampshire Business Review;03/27/98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the proposals to raise revenues in New Hampshire to meet the state Supreme Court's ruling on school funding requirements. Estimated range of money needed to meet the adequate education mandated by the court; Features of the proposal for a business tax overhaul; Proposal for a...
- Legislative update. // Education Week;03/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p20
Presents the summaries of governors' budget requests for schools and highlights of proposals on the state education agendas in the United States.
- After preaching Carpe, Diem, GOP gets education reform rolling. Charen, Mona // Insight on the News;06/01/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p30
Presents information on education reform in the United States. Information on the federal funding outlined by the Republican party; Details on the donations made to the Washington Scholarship Fund by American corporations; Stipulation of bills passed in the United States House of Senate.
- Databank. // Education Week;2/23/94, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p20
Presents information on President Bill Clinton's 1995 budget for education.