Wire fraud and conspiracy charged
- Lazard, Stephens ex-officials charged with fraud by SEC. McKenna, Jon; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/21/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30278, p1
Reports on the US Securities & Exchange Commission's (SEC) charges against two former Lazard Freres & Co. and a former Stephens Inc. vice president in the wake of a two-year pay-to-play investigation into early 1990s bond deals in Georgia and Florida. Federal securities laws allegedly violated...
- SEC wants pay-to-play suit dismissed; fears it will hinder criminal case. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;06/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30417, p1
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is asking a federal judge to let it drop its civil case against former Lazard Freres & Co. and Stephens Inc. bankers. Reason behind the request of SEC; Opposition of the defendants regarding the government's request;...
- barons of the big deal. Hughes, Alan; Robinson, Tennille M.; Young, Stephanie // Black Enterprise;Oct2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p180
The article features African American investment bankers William M. Lewis Jr. and Raymond J. McGuire in the U.S. Lewis is managing director and co-chairman of investment banking for Lazard, Freres & Co. LLC, an international financial advisory and asset management firm. McGuire is managing...
- Advisor Hired To Take a Look at Image. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;4/16/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the decision of Image Entertainment's producer and distributor to hire investment banker Lazard Freres & Co. to review Image's business and strategic options in the U.S., in April 2006. Details of the duties and responsibilities of Lazard in reviewing Image's business and strategic...
- Lazard Cuts Fee 37% In Detroit Bankruptcy. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/20/2015, Issue 34244, p1
Lazard Freres, which represented retirees in the Detroit bankruptcy, said it agreed to a 37% fee reduction as part of court-ordered mediation.
- Lazard Freres services high end with discretion and financing acumen. Frantz, James B. // National Real Estate Investor;Oct93, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p125
Profiles Lazard Freres & Co. Low-profile approach; Accomplishments; Services; Reliance on human capital to raise capital; History of involvement in real estate investment; Creation of Corporate Property Investors (CPI); Concentration on three major growth areas.
- Lazard's new plan. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;4/8/96, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p42
Reports on the creation of a system of sharing profits by Lazard Freres and Company and its two international counterparts. Names of counterparts; Reasons for the system; When system is expected to take effect.
- Lazard seeks L.A. settlement. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;1/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Reports that Lazard Freres & Co. and the Los Angeles County are in negotiations to resolve a controversy over whether the New York firm in fact overcharged the California municipality for government securities.
- Justice Department may also be probing Lazard and Stephens. McKenna, Jon; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p1
Reports that the US Department of Justice has participated in interviews during the Securities and Exchange Commission's civil fraud investigation of former Lazard Freres & Co. and Stephens Inc. representatives. Former Georgia finance director Pete Cunningham's defense of three former municipal...