Seattle needs roads, but wants a monorail instead
- Garden shed. Eden, B.; Wares, D. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Dec89, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p56
Offers instructions for building a storage shed to hold garden supplies. The 4 x 8 foot building has a wood exterior and an attractive mansard roof.
- Bondi Icebergs. // Architecture Australia;May/Jun95, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p17
Looks at the future of the Bondi Icebergs. Redesign of old building; Description and design.
- First Vietnamese business training graduates. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p14
Reports that the Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi held the first graduation ceremony for students who have undergone courses provided by an Australian tertiary education institution in Vietnam. Significance of ceremony.
- The Codex World Headquarters Building. Anderson, G. // Architectural Record;Nov1987, Vol. 175 Issue 13, p120
Discusses the Codex World Headquarters Building in Canton, Mass., a corporate villa designed by Koetter, Kim and Associates. Design features; Floor plans.
- ASHRAE and IES revise energy standards... // Architectural Record;Jun1988, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p152
When ASHRAE meets this month, it intends to grant final approval to Standard 90.1P, a new set of energy guidelines that will affect nearly everyone who designs or uses buildings. Explains the aims and interworkings of this comprehensive standard.
- Construction economy update: A kind and gentle letdown in 1988 leads to the seeds of a possible... Christie, G.A. // Architectural Record;Apr1989, Vol. 177 Issue 4, p25
Discusses what went wrong for the construction market in 1988 and what the prospects are for going right in 1989. Includes charts of 1989 national and regional estimates in the construction market.
- Two on the town. Sachner, P.M. // Architectural Record;May1989, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p122
Describes two recently completed projects--one in Boston and one in San Francisco--that were developed along remarkable parallel lines. The Heritage on the Garden, in Boston, was designed by the Architects Collaborative; San Francisco Centre, designed by Whistler-Patri, Architects.
- Colorado County develops its seat of government. // Architectural Record;Jul1990, Vol. 178 Issue 8, p21
Describes the new County Seat for Jefferson County in Colorado, that was designed by C.W. Fentress, J.H. Bradburn and Associates, and is now under construction. Details.
- The Ceresota. M.F.G. // Architectural Record;Aug1990, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p70
Describes the conversion of a grain elevator into the Ceresota, an office building in Minneapolis, Minn. by Ellerbe Becket, Architect. Design details.
- High-risk high rises. Sachner, P.M. // Architectural Record;Oct1990, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p87
Discusses speculative construction of high-rise office buildings. Trends in market; Forecasting of vacancy rates in Northeast and elsewhere; Importance of office construction; Office situation in Europe; Examples of projects.