Appeal of N.Y. State supreme court decision on TFA constitutionality planned by Schulz
- Taxpayer files argument to exclude N.Y.C., TFA from lawsuit. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p3
Focuses on New York resident Robert Schulz's argument that New York City and the Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) should not be included as defendants in his lawsuit against the constitutionality of TFA. City's claims that it needs the TFA in order to avert a financing crisis; Abrogation of...
- Result of Schulz's suit against New York TFA unlikely before pricing. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by activist Robert Schulz against the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TFA). Investigation of the authority's first bond issues; Background of investigatory challenges initiated by Schulz against the TFA.
- N.Y.C., TFA will stick to original motion. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30188, p27
Reports on the decision of lawyers for New York City and its Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) not to file additional motions to allow them to become defendants in Robert Schulz's challenge to the constitutionality of the agency. Argument presented by city and authority officials to justify...
- Experts weigh in on citizen's fight against N.Y. agency. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30216, p1
Focuses on citizen activist Robert Schulz's comments on the constitutionality of the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (NYCTFA). Background on NYCTFA's statute that violates the provision of the United States Constitution limiting New York City's indebtedness to ten percent;...
- Arguments heard on activist's effort to enjoin New York TFA bond issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p7
Reports that a New York judge heard arguments on tax advocate, Robert Schulz's effort to prevent the New York City Transitional Finance Authority from issuing bonds. Schedule of the authority's issuance of bonds; Schulz's refusal to include the authority in the list of defendants upon filing of...
- N.Y. appeals court denies injunction, clears way for TFA's maiden issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30241, p56
Reports on the denial of an appeals court in New York City for Robert Schulz's motion for a temporary restraining order to prevent the New York City Transitional Finance Authority from pricing its inaugural bond issue on October 1, 1997. Basis of the court's decision; Comments from Schulz.
- It's down to the wire: N.Y. appellate panel will make TFA ruling two days before sale. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30236, p3
Reports that a New York appellate panel will decide two days before the scheduled sale date whether to allow the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) to proceed with its inaugural bond issue on October 1, 1997. Judge Thomas Mercure's signing of a show-cause order on September 22,...
- N.Y.C. Rushes Bonds to Market As Offerings Crowd Calendar. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p1
Reports that New York city officials will sell $ 300 million of bonds on or about May 22, 2003 to finance projects for the New York City court system. Ratings of the bonds according to Moody's Investors Service; Representation of the Transitional Finance Authority's effort to enter into the...
- N.Y.C. Speeds Up Two TFA Deals To Sidestep Rush of State Paper. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p1
Focuses on plans of the New York City, New York Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) to sell bonds under its deals with various government bodies. Details of bonds that will be sold by TFA; Ratings of bonds sold by TFA; Government authorities whose bonds will be sold by TFA.