NLC resolution urges eliminating Murkowski bill
- ENERGY BILL DEBATE STARTS. // Coal Age;Apr2001, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the debate concerning the proposed National Energy Security Act of United States Senator Frank H. Murkowski. Information on the bill; Reason of some senators for opposing the bill; Supporters of the increased coal-technology research.
- Sen. Murkowski's turnaround shows retail competition may pass this year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30573, p5
Reports on the plan of United States Senator Frank Murkowski, chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, to introduce a bill to restructure the electricity industry. Refusal to support a bill that mandates states to implement retail competition; Requirement for public power systems...
- Alaska Lawmakers Dodge Fiscal Reform, Adjourn Special Session. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p33
Reports that Alaska Legislature has adjourned a three-day special session without giving Governor Frank Murkowski the fiscal reform package he wanted. Reasons behind the lawmakers' decision; Structural budget deficit of the state.
- Alaska mulls tire tax for state general fund. Fedchenko, Vera // Tire Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
The Alaska legislature is proposing taxes on all tires and studded tires sold at retail in the state to generate revenue for its general fund.Governor Frank Murkowski had asked state legislators to pass a bill mandating a $10 fee on studded tires to raise $2 million in revenues to repair roads...
- Senator asks for IRS action on utilities. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p47
Focuses on Senator Frank H. Murkowski's letter to Treasury Secretary Robert E. Rubin asking the Internal Revenue Service to issue private-letter rulings to allow municipal utilities to participate in regional electric transmission systems without violating the tax law. Highlights of the letter;...
- WASHINGTON OBSERVER. Winston, Sherie; Ichinowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/03/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 1, p11
Reports on various developments related to the state and engineering industries as of July 3, 2000. Spate of amendments attached by Republican lawmakers to fiscal 2001 spending bills to block Clinton administration programs they disapprove of; Decision of Senate Energy and Natural Resources...
- Of Blowhards And Blowholes. BIRNBAUM, JEFFREY H. // Fortune;8/18/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p44
Describes the provision introduced into the U.S. Senate budget bill by Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski which aids whaling captains. Reaction of some Republicans to the bill; Information on the way the senator is defending the provision; Concerns over whale killings.
- Legislative Notes. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Nov2006, p217
The article reports on the call of Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski for a special session of the legislature to consider legislation authorizing spousal benefits for same-sex partners of state employees. According to the report, a regulatory proposal has been disparaged by the superior court...
- Senate bans PAC money for incumbents. // Human Events;5/20/94, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p22
Reports on the US Senate's adoption of an amendment to the gift-ban bill (S 1935) prohibiting members of Congress from accepting contributions from political action committees (PACs). Senator Frank Murkowski as proponent of bill; Potential constitutional problems with PAC ban; List of senators...