- Star struck on the World Wide Web. Eddy, Andy // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p28
Focuses on the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX), a Web-based stock market simulator which trades on the box-office receipts of films and the influence of movie actors. Details on the Informix database which HSX relies on; Features of HSX; Information on the Web site.
- Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p29
Presents a chart depicting municipal market data in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002.
- Municipal Market Data Total Returns. // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p29
Presents a chart depicting the municipal market data total returns for the first quarter of 2002.
- Toronto Stock Exchange to demutualize by year-end. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;06/14/99, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p69
Announces that members of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) in Ontario has voted on June 9, 1999 to trade in their traditional seats for shares in a nonprofit corporation. Terms of the demutualization plan for the TSE; Key changes at the exchange.
- Toronto Exits Workstation Biz As Mandated Standard Looms. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;09/13/99, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the Toronto, Ontario-based Toronto Stock Exchange's decision to end its trading station business operations as of September 13, 1999. Exchange's decision not to launch the version 3.0 of its Torex trading station. INSET: Stymiest Picked to Boost Confidence in TSE.
- LSE Could Have an Alternative to Xetra Platform. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;08/21/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the plan of London Stock Exchange to add a securities trading engine. Planned merger with Deutsche Borse; Return to profitability of the London Stock Exchange.
- Tech Overhaul Clogs New TSE Gateway, But Not Old One. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;10/30/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p17
Reports on the closure of the Toronto Stock Exchange when problems with the exchange electronic connections created an order imbalance that officials thought was too unfair to be allowed to continue. Use of the antiquated Computer Assisted Trading System; Circumstances that led to the problem.
- Testing Resistance In Hong Kong. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p8
Discusses the performance of the Hong Kong stock market as of November 2002. Influence of the resumption of the United Nations weapons inspection in Iraq; Decline in retail sales; Concerns on fiscal accounts.
- CEE Safe Havens. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p13
Focuses on bourses in Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria. Information on Bulgaria's Sofix index; Increase in Romanian bank's share price since April 2001; Slovenia's SBI bourse.
- Mauritius Still Tastes Sweet. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p17
Provides information on the Mauritius' Semdex index. Reason the boarse is trading at three-year highs around the 435 mark; Partnership of Mauritius Commercial Bank with Societe Generale.