Two swiss banks announce merger
- UBS merger may affect regulatory status. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/22/97, Vol. 63 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the concerns of Union Bank of Switzerland's (UBS) bankers over the implications of its merger with Swiss Bank Corp. Uncertainty as to whether bankers will retain privileges enjoyed by UBS; UBS's ability to engage in more substantial merchant banking operations than many other banks;...
- Swiss accord. Omestad, Thomas; Mallory, Maria // U.S. News & World Report;12/22/97, Vol. 123 Issue 24, p37
Announces the proposed merger between Union Bank of Switzerland and Swiss Bank Corp. Total amount of assets between the two banks.
- Brinson takes SBC/UBS helm. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Feb98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the merger of Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) and Swiss Bank Corporation (SBC) which creates a money manager of divine proportions as the largest the world has ever seen. Gary Brinson as responsible for preceding the merger; Reason why the merger creates a potential organizational...
- It came out of the Alps. Hirsh, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/23/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6103, p57
Reports on the merger of Union Bank of Switzerland and the Swiss Bank Corporation. New entity to be called United Bank of Switzerland (UBS); Mergers in the financial services industry; United States banks merging; Multinational corporations seeking one financial firm for their lending,...
- UBS Securities pros figure to lose big in SBC merger. Horowitz, Jed; Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the implications of Union Bank of Switzerland's (UBS) merger with Swiss Bank Corp. for the future of UBS executives and managers. Assignment of SBC Warburg Dillon Read, the investment banking arm of Swiss Bank, to manage United States-based investment banking operations; UBS...
- Merger may affect Swiss Bank workforce. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/22/97, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p9
Focuses on the effects of the merger between Swiss Bank Corp. and Union Bank of Switzerland on employment. Workforce of the banks in investment banking; Subjection of the bank merger to regulatory review and shareholders' approval.
- Power struggle with Swiss bank pares UBS jobs. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;02/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) mega-merger with Swiss Bank Corporation. Indication that more than 1,500 jobs are expected to be cut in the United States; Information on the changes made in relation to the merger; Indepth look at the merger.
- Most of MBS group at UBS is likely to be whacked after big merger. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p7
Reports on impact of the merger of Union Bank of Switzerland and the Swiss Bank Corp. on the two companies' mortgage operations in the United States. SBC Warburg Dillon Read's plan to scale back the mortgage effort at UBS Securities; Expansion of the mortgage-backed securities group at UBS...
- Swiss bank controversy threatens U.S. subsidiaries. Epstein, Jonathan D. // American Banker;2/10/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 27, p5
Focuses on the controversy concerning three major Swiss banks' hiding of funds belonging to Holocaust victims and its impact on the American units of Credit Suisse Group, Swiss Bank Corp. and Union Bank of Switzerland. Public relations efforts by the three banks; Introduction of legislation...