Annexation remains high on Texas Legislative agenda
- Commercial law. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;May98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p44
Presents information related to legislation in New Zealand, as of May 1, 1998. Amendments made to the Health and Safety in Employment Act of 1992; Amendment made to the Trademarks Act of 1953.
- Government to pay up later. // Professional Engineering;05/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p4
Reports criticism directed towards the British government regarding their exemption from the first phase of the statutory right to interest bill. Comments from David Chidgey, Liberal Democrat trade and industry spokesman; Details on the program; When the government will enter in the program.
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;09/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30240, p6
Reports on the status of several legislation in the United States. Includes the introduction of bills that would clarify the authority of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to over the over-the-counter derivatives markets; Implementation of the provisions of the National Securities...
- Minnesota lawmakers set to square off over spending $1.3 billion surplus. Sheilds, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p11
Questions if legislators in Minnesota will have many proposals on how to spend the state's $1.3 billion projected surplus for the fiscal 1998-1999 biennium budget, when they return to Capital Hill in January 1998. When the state's fiscal biennium begins; Examinaton of Governor Arne Carlson's...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p36
Presents legislative status report of the journal 'The Bond Buyer' as of February 18, 2003. Legislation on U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Details of Municipal Debt Refinancing Act of 2003; Features of Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2003.
- Continental drift. Williams, Audrey // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the European Union's lawmaking process. Cases presented to illustrate the legislation process; European Court of Justice; Impact on domestic law in Great Britain. INSET: How EU directives are born..
- RE:PLAY (PREVIOUS EDITION REVISITED). // People Management;10/28/2010, p50
A photograph of British Members of Parliament is presented.
- It doesn't quack like most lame ducks. // Hill;11/18/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 126, p16
No abstract available.
- How Congress makes laws. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p222
Shows the path that a bill takes through Congress to become a law, including steps in the Senate and in the House of Representatives. Committees which review bills; The president's role; Final votes to become law.