National League of Cities adopts new plan
- NLC survey shows improving fiscal conditions. // American City & County;Sep97, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p82
Provides information on the results of a survey conducted by the National League of Cities (NLC) which focused on the economic health of most cities and towns across America. Number of cities which responded to the survey; Comments from NLC President and Oklahoma City Councilmember Mark...
- NLC launches collaboration project to fight poverty. // American City & County;Oct97, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p88
Presents information on the launching of a project by the National League of Cities, to encourage and assist city officials and community based organizations in forming colloborations to serve the needs of the poor and reduce poverty. Sponsors of the project; Contact information.
- NLC picks Pittsburgh for 2016 conference. Prall, Derek // American City & County Exclusive Insight;8/4/2014, p3
The article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania will host the National League of Cities' (NLC) 2016 Congress of Cities and Exposition scheduled for November 16-19, 2016.
- Locals see development as key. // American City & County;Jan1995, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p56
Provides information on the attitudes of leaders in American cities based on the survey report `Poverty and Economic Development: Views from City Hall,' by the National League of Cities.
- NLC promotes city/community organization partnerships. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the initiative launched by the National League of Cities (NLC) to encourage partnerships between cities and community-based organizations in United States. Aims of the collaboration; Reason why NLC formed a working group and an advisory committee of municipal officials and leaders of...
- NLC survey confirms importance of child care, after school program. Barrios, Frances; Soto, Chris // New York Amsterdam News;07/05/97, Vol. 88 Issue 27, p22
Comments on the importance of child care and after school activities to children living in urban areas while focusing on a study conduct by the National League of Cities (NLC). Treatment of results attained in the survey; Interview of John E. Klye, program director for Children and Families in...
- JUST AROUND THE CORNER: 2015 CONGRESS OF CITIES IN MUSIC CITY. // American City & County;Oct2015, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p23
The article offers information on the National League of Cities' (NLC) Congress of Cities and Exposition, to be held in Nashville, Tennessee on November 4-7, 2015.
- Investment guide published. // American City & County;Apr96, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p68
Presents information on the publication of a guidebook by the National League of Cities, Washington, D.C. What the guidebook is designed to do; How can local officials meet their intended needs; Information on the book `It's 12 o'clock: Do You Know Where Your City's Money Is?; Price of book;...
- Seventy-two percent of US cities operated in the black. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;7/11/95, Vol. 87 Issue 157, p2
Looks briefly at a report by the National League of Cities according to which 72% of US cities financially operated in the black during 1994. Other findings of the report.