From the TM3 wire
- Thomson offers supplement. // Editor & Publisher;5/27/95, Vol. 128 Issue 21, p23
Presents information on the `Healthfile' newspaper supplement produced by Thomson Newspapers Corp.
- Thomson launches health supplement. // Editor & Publisher;5/27/95, Vol. 128 Issue 21, p34
Reports on the launching of the `Healthfile' health supplement by Thomson Newspapers Corp. of Des Plaines, Illinois.
- Thomson buys in Ohio. // Editor & Publisher;10/03/98, Vol. 131 Issue 40, p19
Reports on Thomson Newspapers Corp.'s acquisition of the `Germantown Press' newspaper.
- Thomson sells. // Quill;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p5
Reports on Toronto-based Thomson Newspapers' sale of its newspaper businesses in Canada and the United States. Details on the company's restructuring.
- Thomson focuses on readership. // Editor & Publisher;07/19/97, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p25
Informs on the reorganization of the editorial and circulation training and development activities of Thomson Newspapers. Business operations under new system.
- Thomson unloading 29. Myers, Jacqueline // Quill;Nov96, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on Thomson Newspapers Corp.'s plans to sell 29 of its daily newspapers.
- Weekly magazine for Thomson papers. // Editor & Publisher;10/16/93, Vol. 126 Issue 42, p18
Reports on the launching of Ohio Week, the regional magazine for the Ohio papers of Thomson Newspapers. Magazine to appear in Friday papers; Audited circulation; Contents; James M. Gabal as publisher; Ellen Stein Burbach as editor.
- Thomson Indiana accumulating suburban papers. Hebert, Emily // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p13
Focuses on Thomson Newspapers' acquisition of newspapers to increase its presence in Indianapolis, Indiana suburbs. List of publications owned by Thomson Newspapers in Indiana; Features of the acquisition strategy by the company; Major competitors of Thomson Newspapers in Indiana.
- Going regional. Garneau, George // Editor & Publisher;1/28/95, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p29
Reports on the sale of Thomson Newspapers Corp.'s smaller dailies on January 19, 1995. Average circulation of the papers targeted for sale; Core strategy of clustering papers; Decline in profit; Displacement of small departments by giant retailers.