Market eagerly awaits California district's water debt refunding
- Drying up OC's waterworld. Pringle, Curt // Orange County Business Journal;01/13/97, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p39
Opinion. Presents a commentary illustrating the serious problem in Orange County, California, in relation to the government and water. Importance of Orange County to 25 separate water and sanitation districts government; Details on the problem of archaic water and the areas governed by Orange...
- Orange County GWRS Expansion. // WaterWorld;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the expansion of the Groundwater Replenishment System by the Orange County Water District in California.
- Water district wants library money. // American Libraries;Feb94, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p139
Reports that the Scotts Valley Water District has filed suit challenging a decision by Santa Cruz County, California, to divert property taxes earmarked for the water district budget to the county library system. How much the decision cost the water district; More.
- Region's water boss pushes bond initiative. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;10/21/96, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p3
Reports on a proposal by John Foley, reelected chairman of the region's water wholesale agency, that water districts in the San Francisco Bay-Sacramento Delta region, contract out more services to the private sector. Views of Foley on the failed effort of Assembly Speaker Curt Pringle, to...
- San Diego, Imperial water deal splashes along. Owens, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on a draft proposal calling for San Diego, California to purchase water from Imperial County. Approval given by the water districts in both counties; Amount of water to be transferred; Questions regarding the required infrastructure.
- Demographic, Economic, and Fiscal Impacts of Alternative Westlands Reclamation Act Enforcement Scenarios. Bass, Peter L.; Kirshner, Edward M. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec78, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p935
Deals with a study which summarized findings on projected demographic changes upon the introduction of the Reclamation Act of 1902 in the Westlands Water District in California. Levels of enforcement of the act; Reorganization of the Westlands economy; Household income of Westlands residents;...
- Futuristic North County Water Plant Is Planned. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p1
Reports that the Olivenhaim Municipal Water District, California has broken ground on a $30-million `ultrafiltration' plant. Purification method; Cost comparison with conventional plant; Grant from the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Agreement May End Long-Standing Water Feuds. Toth, Simone // San Diego Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p1
Reports on a tentative water allocation agreement allowing San Diego, California to receive reclaimed agricultural water from the Colorado River. Resolution of decades of fighting between water agencies in Southern California; Security of future water supply for the region.
- Otay Water District Adopts New Division Boundaries. // La Prensa San Diego;2/17/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the adoption of a resolution by the Otay Water District's (District) Board of Directors in Spring Valley, California which will result in the reapportionment of five divisions in the district in 2012.