Jersey City sues lien collectors for negligence
- Judge drops a count as Jersey City begins tax lien lawsuit. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30458, p1
Reports that Hudson County Superior Court Judge Martin Greenberg dismissed one of the 15 charges Jersey City, New Jersey has filed against Breen Capital Services Corp. and Bankers Trust for allegedly failing on its 1993 and 1994 tax lien securitizations. Breen's countercharges that the city did...
- Community group targets Marine Midland. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;9/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 186, p4
Reports on community organization Inner City Press/Community on the Move's filing of lawsuit to block Marine Midland Bank's acquisition of six branches. Inner City Press' argument that Marine Midland violated the Community Reinvestment Act; Arguments of Marine Midland spokesman Robert Becton...
- Big Fine. // Crain's New York Business;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p34
Reports that Bankers Trust Co. has pleaded guilty to criminal charges that the bank illegally diverted unclaimed customer funds to its own accounts.
- Exiled on Wall Street. Levinson, Marc // Newsweek;11/14/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 20, p49
States that two lawsuits against Bankers Trust over derivatives are stoking political pressure for regulations that could cripple the business. Losses by derivatives after the Federal Reserve's increase in interest rates in February 1994; Charges against Bankers Trust in the suits by Gibson...
- Why investors, boards should fear censorship. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/2/95, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p12
Opinion. Criticizes the decision of a federal court in Ohio barring `Business Week' from publishing an article concerning the lawsuit Procter and Gamble Co. brought against Bankers Trust. Sale of derivatives to consumer product giant; Suspension of the First Amendment; Ability of the free...
- P&G sues Bankers Trust. // Business Insurance;10/31/94, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p2
Reports on Procter & Gamble Co.'s fraud and deceptive sales practices suit against Bankers Trust Company. Lawsuit's allegations.
- A real question of justice. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/16/95, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p12
Comments on the an information freedom issue from a trial between Bankers Trust Co. and Procter & Gamble Co. Decision by Judge John Feikens to seal the press release of trial documents.
- Swaps groups propose code of conduct for trading. Tomasula, Dean // American Banker;1/24/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p1
Reports on securities trade groups' drafting of a code of conduct for trading. Code of conduct as a reaction to Bankers Trust derivatives controversy; Securities trade groups involved in drafting of the code; Background on the Bankers Trust derivatives case.
- Latest P&G claims could put more areas of BT in bad light. Allen, James C. // American Banker;10/5/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 192, p24
Reports on developments in Procter & Gamble Co.'s lawsuit over Bankers Trust New York Corp.'s derivatives sales practice. Allegations of misleading statements by Bankers Trust's salespeople; Losses from derivatives.