Clinton's State of the Union address may sound trumpet for tax reform
- The Current Tax Crisis. Dunn, Jennifer // Vital Speeches of the Day;02/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p232
Presents a speech given by a United States Congresswoman from Washington state as the Republican response to the 1999 State of the Union speech on January 19, 1999 in Washington, D.C. How the strength of the US is not dependent on the outcome of the impeachment of President Bill Clinton; The...
- Inflation, Spending and Taxes. Hoover, Herbert // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/57, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p313
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President Herbert Hoover on February 4, 1957, which deals with government spending and taxation.
- Message to the Senate transmitting the Ireland-United States... // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/29/97, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p1414
Presents the text of the message given by the president of United States to US Senate on September 24, 1997 which transmits the Ireland-United States Taxation Convention and Protocol.
- State of the Union: Not So Good. BUCKLEY JR., WILLIAM F. // National Review;2/25/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p62
The article presents the author's views on the 2008 State of the Union address by U.S. President George W. Bush. He discusses taxation and the complexity of the U.S. tax code, and why it is so difficult to reform. He says Bush is right not to raise corporate taxes at a time of large trade deficits.
- Remarks Following a Meeting With the House Republican Conference and an Exchange With Reporters. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/25/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p835
The article focuses on the remarks delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush following a meeting with the House Republican conference and an exchange with reporters on June 20, 2007. Bush has noted that there has been an alternative budget presented in the Congress by the Democrats which will...
- A Scolding State of the Union. Stein, Robert // Moderate Voice;1/28/2010, p1
The article focuses on U.S. President Barack Obama's State of the Union (SOTU) address on January 27, 2010. It states that Obama's speech criticized the Democrats, Republicans, and the Supreme Court and cites the toxic political atmosphere. Obama states that the U.S. have a 200 million dollars...
- Remarks to Agricultural Leaders. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/25/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p935
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush, on June 18, 2001, which deals with the agricultural sector and taxation.
- Remarks at a Dinner for Senator Jeff Sessions in Birmingham. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/25/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p954
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush, on June 21, 2001, regarding taxation and education reform.
- Remarks to the Cattle Industry Annual Convention and Trade Show in Denver, Colorado. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;02/11/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p197
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush, on February 8, 2002, about taxation in the cattle industry.