Texas candidate touts tapping of school fund
- The sons also rise. Crawford, Craig // National Journal;9/05/98, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p2052
Reports on Texas Governor Gorge W. Bush's campaigning for fellow Republicans around the country. States visited to raise money for his re-election bid against Democrat Garry Mauro; How some political reporters profiled Bush; Points gained by Bush's younger brother Jeb who is on a roll for the...
- The prince of Texas. Borger, Gloria // U.S. News & World Report;07/06/98, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the gubernatorial race in Texas. Democrat Garry Mauro's challenge of Republican incumbent George Walker Bush; Possibility that Bush, son of former President George Bush, may run for president in the year 2000; Washington's interest in the Texas election.
- PROMISES TO KEEP IN THE GOLDEN STATE. Germond, Jack W.; Witcover, Jules // National Journal;9/23/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p2996
Discusses the campaign strategy of George W. Bush, presidential candidate for the United States election in 2000. Status of Bush's candidacy; Issues supported by Bush's campaign; Focus of the campaign.
- To The White House, Baby. Bruni, Frank // New York Times Upfront;01/17/2000, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p12
Presents the author's behind-the-scenes account of George W. Bush's presidential campaign in the United States. Inside look into the selection of a presidential candidate by political parties in the US; Glimpse of the person behind the candidate; Efforts to establish a favorable image with the...
- Ladies' man: Bush gaining among women. Thurman, James N. // Christian Science Monitor;5/1/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 111, p2
Reports that United States presidential candidate George W. Bush is gaining popularity among women voters in the US as of May 1, 2000, and analyzes reasons behind this.
- His First Steps. // Texas Monthly;Jun99, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p116
Presents a photo essay about the political campaign of George W. Bush.
- The Maginot Line Looked Impregnable, Too. Germond, Jack W.; Witcover, Jules // National Journal;2/12/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p501
Focuses on the political campaign of United States presidential candidate George W. Bush. Implication of his defeat at the primary in New Hampshire on his candidacy; Concept of political firewall; Description of the electorate in South Carolina.
- The firewall next time. Marshall, Joshua Micah // American Prospect;01/31/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p9
Reports on former Christian Coalition executive director Ralph Reed's role in Texas Governor George W. Bush's campaign in South Carolina, for the Republican presidential nomination. Reed's relationship with mass media; Reed's influence on Christian conservative voters; Reed's notable political...
- Can Anyone Beat the 36-Million-Dollar Man? Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;07/09/99, Vol. 55 Issue 25, p8
Provides information on the political campaign of Texas Governor George W. Bush for the election in year 2000. Fund raised by the governor in the first six months of 1999; His campaign strategy; Background of the election in 1996.