- Assured Unrivaled In 2009. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/19/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33251, p1
The article reports that Assured Guaranty Ltd. insured 34.8 billion dollars of municipal debt in 2009 which took 98.2% of the insured market in the U.S. It states the competition for debt insurance was absent because Ambac Assurance Corp. and MBIA Inc. attempted to recover from credit injuries...
- Insurers' Exposure to Second-Liens Could Be Problematic. Campbell, Dakin // Asset Securitization Report;5/19/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p13
The article focuses on the projected impact of insurers' exposure to second-liens residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS). According to Moody's Investors Service Inc., this could have material implications for the estimated capital adequacy of financial guarantors most exposed to this...
- Bond Insurers Fall Through the Floor, Assured Excepted. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/8/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33262, p9A
The article reports on the decline in volume for bond insurance, letters of credit and standby purchase agreements in the U.S. in 2009. Thomson Reuters finds that the bond insurance market lost over 50% of its volume and only 35.4 billion of municipal bonds were insured in the primary market...
- Insurer, Bondholder Object to San Bernardino Bankruptcy Plan. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2015, p1
Ambac Assurance Corp., in a bankruptcy court filing, says San Bernardino's plan of adjustment is more aspirational than real.
- Council Set Up to Help Ambac Rehab. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/29/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33358, p1
The article reports on the nine-person council of advisers formed by insurance commissioner Sean Dilweg in Wisconsin that would support the efforts to rehabilitate Ambac Assurance Corp.
- Las Vegas Monorail Deal Nears. SASKAL, RICH // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p1
The article reports that investors of Las Vegas Monorail approve the release of 111 million dollars to release Ambac Assurance Corp. from its exposure to defaulted bonds in Alameda, California.
- ALABAMA: Debt Restructuring OK'd. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33836, p5
The article reports that Federal bankruptcy judge Thomas Bennett has approved a negotiated settlement between Jefferson county of Alabama and Ambac Assurance Corp. regarding the debt restructuring of 82.5 million U.S. dollars.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Debt Restructuring. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/27/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33789, p9
The article reports that commissioners of Jefferson County, Alaska have approved a debt restructuring agreement with Ambac Assurance Corp. to reduce annual payments of revenue warrants.
- Ambac names Okin to head underwriting. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;12/07/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30534, p44
Reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. promoted company executive Thea Okin to replace Shelly Stein as managing director of underwriting, following Stein's announcement of her plans to retire by the end of December 1998.