The continental crossroads
- History. // Israel Country Review;2010, p6
The article offers an overview on the history of Israel.
- Changing Borders. // Junior Scholastic;11/14/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p14
Presents information on the changing borders of Israel.
- On a knife edge: Israel at 50: Israel at 3500. Segal, Jerome M. // Tikkun;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p74
Examines the history of Israel, with reference to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. What is the secret of Jewish survival; What meaning does the Israeli-Palestinian conflict give to the larger thirty-five-hundred-year-old story of the Jewish people; Details on the period of the Holocaust;...
- Who is a Jew. Kedourie, E. // Commentary;Jun88, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p25
The state of Israel is now celebrating its fortieth birthday. Reflects on the difference which the existence of the State has made for Jewish self-understanding. Outlines the new problems which it has brought forth and emphasized--in particular, who is a Jew.
- Charging Israel with original sin. Teveth, S. // Commentary;Sep89, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p24
Opinion. Describes and criticizes the historical reevaluation of Israel's method of taking possession of Palestine. Jewish-Arab relations; Motives of the founders of the Jewish state; The arming of Israel.
- Moments in history... // Travel Agent;11/13/95 Supplement Israel, Vol. 277 Issue 9, p4
Lists events notable in Israel's history. Includes King David's capture of Jerusalem in 1004; War of Independence in 1948; Peace agreement between Israel and Palestine in 1993.
- History and the body politic in Israel. Ashkenazy, D. // Christian Century;9/30/87, Vol. 104 Issue 27, p822
Offers some unusual glimpses of everyday life in Israel to help explain why Israelis tend to be obsessed with history. Preoccupation with events; Historical consciousness.
- Israel/Palestine. // Junior Scholastic;11/19/93, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p6
Outlines the history of Palestine or Israel. 1800 B.C. to 1517; Zionist movement; World War I; 1930s and 1940s; 1947-1948; Second Arab-Israeli war; Six Day War; Yom Kippur War; 1978-1979; Palestinian uprising of 1987; Peace agreement of 1993.
- Israel's modern history: 100 years of... Eskin, L. // Scholastic Update;4/22/88, Vol. 120 Issue 14, p8
The question at the center of today's conflict in Israel is: does the country belong to Jews or to Arabs? Describes 20 key dates in the conflict from the birth of Zionism in the 1890s through the creation of the new state of Israel in 1948 to thecurrent Palestinian uprisings and the...
- Israel at Forty. Neff, D. // Christianity Today;4/22/88, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p14
Editorial. Steps Israelis can take to make their next birthday happier. Israel is no longer seen as an underdog. Its past history; Need now for support of justice for all in the Arab/Israeli conflict; Compromising for peace; New goals for Israel.