Penny tax increase for parks?
- Voters OK Tax for the Arch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/10/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33892, p7
The article reports that voters of Saint Louis, Missouri have passed Proposition P, which proposes to increase sales tax to fund renovation of the Gateway Arch and park and trail improvements.
- Phoenix Park Tax Extended. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p9
The article reports on the approval of a 30-year extension of a 0.1% sales tax for parks and natural reserves in Phoenix, Arizona. Since 1999, the sales tax generated about $198 million, which is expected to generate a total $256 million before the program expires. Around 40% of the sales tax...
- Slowdown at Disney ominous for LI tourism. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/27/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p59A
Focuses on issues in the tourism industry in the United States. Attractions at Magic Kingdom and Universal Studios; Reliance of Suffolk County on sales tax revenues; Effect of low tourist attendance on Disney's employment practices.
- Board changes mind on management. Bandle, Scott // South County Journal;3/6/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, pA7
The article reports on the impact of a decline in sales tax revenue on Crestwood Board of Aldermen's decision on the management company for the Whitecliff Park Aquatic Center in Missouri.
- Proposed tax on parking raises a lot of opposition. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p3
A group of 15 Northeast Ohio businesses is coming together with the Greater Cleveland Growth Association to oppose a proposed 7% sales tax on paid parking in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. The tax is expected to increase the parking rates and is packaged with a proposed sales tax on storage facilities,...
- Tax for Arch project draws mixed reaction. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;4/4/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 14, pA1
The article discusses different reactions to the proposed three-sixteenths of a cent or 0.1875 U.S. dollars (USD) sales tax increase in the Missouri Legislature for helping pay for St. Louis Arch grounds and parks improvement. It cites the opposition of St. Charles County, Missouri Executive...
- Park closures hurt Wyo. economy. // Wyoming Business Report;Nov2013, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the impact of the closures of national parks in Wyoming from October 1-17, 2013 on the state's tourism industry, with an estimated damages of about six million dollars from the closure in Jackson, including 250,000 dollars in lost sales tax.
- Kansas Municipality Plans Schlitterbahn STAR Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32288, p3
The article reports that a $225 million in state-approved sales tax revenue bonds will be used by the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City to finance half of a proposed $412 million water park-resort in western Kansas City, Kansas. The state sales tax collected at the 300-acre...
- City requests bids for aquatic park. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;7/11/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 28, pA1
The article discusses the invitation of Wentzville, Missouri for bids to build three parks after two years of the voter-approved half-cent sales tax that enabled the city to issue revenue bonds worth 20 million U.S. dollars (USD) for financing the parks. First phase of the project, it says, is...