First Chicago hopes Roney buyout will bolster retail effort
- 1st Chicago to bring equity underwriting in-house. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;5/12/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 89, p10
Presents information on the acquisition of Roney & Company, of Detroit, Michigan, by First Chicago NBD Corporation. Assets of First Chicago; Indepth look at the acquisition; Information on Roney & Company; What Roney specializes in; Comments from Gerry Byrne, chairman of First Chicago.
- Roney purchase leaves investment-bank void. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/24/97, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p8
Opinion. Discusses the November 1997 purchase of the Detroit brokerage firm Roney & Company by First Chicago NBD Corporation. Impact of the purchase; Information on regional investment banking.
- First Chicago NBD vows to leave Roney alone. Roush, Matt; Daniels, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;11/24/97, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p55
Presents information on First Chicago NBD Corporation's relationship with Roney & Company. Questions relating to the two businesses; Details on First Chicago's plans for Roney.
- NBD completes Roney acquisition. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/18/98, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p2
Announces First Chicago NBD Corp.'s acquisition of Roney & Co., a regional full-service investment firm.
- First NBD'S new buyout quandary. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/01/97, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on speculations pertaining to a possible sale of the First Chicago NBD Corporation. Reluctance by First NBD to enter into the consolidation and megers within the banking industry; Comments by Thomas H. Hodges, a former executive vice-president for First NBD; Information on bank...
- Bank exits trust business. Hemmerick, Steve; Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;8/19/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p2
Reports that First Chicago NBD Corp. is exiting the trust and custody bank business. Reasons for the business exit; Reaction of clients to the bank's decision.
- Quarterly earnings. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the record net income and earnings of First Chicago NBD Corp. in the fourth quarter of 1997.
- First NBD banks on South Loop. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/30/98, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p54
Discusses the consolidation of four Chicago offices by First Chicago NBD Corporation. Cost of an operations center which First Chicago will open; Where the center will be located; Information on the center.
- First Chicago NBD reorganizes. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/21/96, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p49
Reports that First Chicago NBD Corporation has reorganized into three key business segments, each headed by vice chairmen, Thomas Jeffs, and David Vitale.