California utilities want guidance on deregulation
Tags: PUBLIC utilities
- Utility-affiliated ESCOs: Is the Honeymoon Over? Musser, Phil // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p46
Discusses the reasons of utility companies for embarking in energy service company (ESCO) in the U.S. Statistics on the estimated market activity of the U.S. ESCO industry; Increase in the number of utility-affiliated ESCO; Range of services offered by ESCO.
- Utilities deregulation evolving into this fall's hot topic. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p25
Reports that the deregulation of public utilities is poised to become the hot topic in the 1997 fall legislative sessions in the Mid-West. Plan that will help Michigan utilities recover their stranded costs through securitization; Planned municipal bond offerings in the region.
- Accident cuts water, gas in NYC. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p12
Reports that New York City experienced the combined disaster of a water main collapsing and a low-pressure gas pipeline catching fire within six hours of each other as the new year of 1998 started. Repairs conducted on the affected utilities.
- Utility companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p144
Ranks utility companies in New Jersey by number of customers. Includes Public Service Enterprise Group; United Water Resources; GPU Energy; Bergen County Utilities Authority.
- Top 50 utility companies. Barbarello, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;09/07/98, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p28
Lists the top 50 utility companies in New Jersey, ranked by number of customers. Includes Public Service Enterprise Group; United Water Resources; GPU Energy.
- ICC chief's road map would steer ILL. utilities toward... Eckert, Toby // Crain's Chicago Business;3/25/96, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p14
Reports that Dan Miller, chairman of Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) has plans of moving Illinois' utilities toward deregulation in 1996. Response to Miller's plans; Features of the plan.
- Customer service: It's only beginning to pay off. // Electrical World;Aug94, Vol. 208 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the findings of a survey conducted by Mercer Management Consulting, concerning the customer-first postures of electric and gas companies. Firm's service quality; Improvement in performance; Customer-service benchmarks.
- Power marketing. // Electrical World;May96, Vol. 210 Issue 5, p10
Provides a listing of updates of current issues and bulk power transactions relating to public utilities in Washington, D.C. Salem Electric Cooperative agrees to purchase renewable energy from Bonneville Power Administration; Delmarva Power signs contract with Happy Harry's Discount; California...
- The global dimension. Gundemark, Ulf // Electrical World;Sep97, Vol. 211 Issue 9, Utility Business Quarterly p1
Focuses on the similarities seen in basic utility business processes around the world. Growing homogeneity among utilities as a result of economic globalization; Japan's plans to improve the efficiency of its electric-power sector by benchmarking it against Germany.