Former Stephens banker is sanctioned, not barred, in pay-to-play investigation
- Lift sanctions now! Lokongo, Antoine // New African;May2002, Issue 407, p11
Reports on the United Nations sanctions for peace and order in Liberia. Conflict in the Mano River states; Security situation in Sierra Leone and Guinea; Obliviousness of the international community concerning the state of Mano River.
- Statement on Signing the ILSA Extension Act of 2001. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/6/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1132
Presents the text of a statement given by United States President George W. Bush on August 3, 2001, which deals with the extension of sanctions against Iran and Libya.
- Why increased U.S. sanctions on Iran don't work. Ellison, Keith // Hill;10/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 124, p18
In this article the author discusses the U.S. sanctions given to Iran and why it is not working.
- Executive Summary. // Iran Business Forecast Report;2010 4th Quarter, p7
The article offers information on various economic sanctions in Iran including the forthcoming removal of subsidies on food and fuel, the restriction of the country's access to the international finance and restraining investments in the oil and gas sector, and the forthcoming reductions in the...
- Policing the Gulf. Houlihan, Bob // All Hands;Mar2003, Issue 1031, p20
Reports on the operations of sailors from the USS Valley Forge who are part of the Maritime Interdiction Operations Arabian Gulf boarding teams tasked to enforce the United Nations mandated sanctions against Iraq.
- Sanctions against Libya hurt business. // Newsweek;1/20/1986, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p5
Although they do not want to appear publicly unpatriotic, many American businessmen are quietly seething over the financial losses they stand to suffer as a result of the Reagan Administration's decision to sever US economic ties with Libya.
- White Marlin, Bluefin Tuna. // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2003, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p54
Reports on the petition by the World Wildlife Fund to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce to impose trade sanctions against the European Union for fishing practices that affect the Atlantic white marlin and bluefin tuna stocks.
- Rippling effects of sanctions against Iran. Ang, Cynthia // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Jun2012, p44
The article discusses the effects of the sanctions imposed by the U.S. and Europe against Iran on the nation's economy. The author says that the sanctions were imposed to terminate Tehran from developing nuclear programme. He also explores the effect of the sanctions on the nation's insurance...
- As Obama cautious, lawmakers develop tough Iran sanctions. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;6/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 74, p14
The article reports on the preparations made by lawmakers for a new legislation that will impose tough sanctions against the Iranian regime despite the cautious approach of U.S. President Barack Obama.