New York City's plan to save surplus draws rave reviews from analysts
- Panelists Optimistic About N.Y.C. Meeting Unprecedented Challenge. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p1
Highlights The Bond Buyer's Inaugural National Public Finance Conference on fiscal challenges faced by New York City. Federal aid approved for New York; Ratings of the city by credit rating agencies; Estimated budget balance for 2002 and 2003.
- Government. // Crain's New York Business;7/4/94, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p24
Presents information on the city government of New York as of 1993. Government spending; Tax revenues and tax reduction program; Government jobs.
- Vallone bucks Rudy's veto. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;12/5/94, Vol. 10 Issue 49, p42
Reports that the City Council of New York, led by Speaker Peter Vallone, overrode Mayor Giuliani's veto of its budget restorations. Support from State Comptroller H. Carl McCall.
- Winter's economic hardships. // Crain's New York Business;2/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the $21 million spent on clearing snow in New York City exceeding the $10 million budgeted for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1994. Number of laborers hired; Another reason why the city is losing revenue.
- Parks, Metro Tech, Atlantic Terminal, in `96 boro budget. // New York Amsterdam News;7/15/95, Vol. 86 Issue 28, p9
Reports that New York, N.Y. borough president Howard Golden has released a list of capital budget appropriations totaling more than nine million dollars for fiscal year 1996. Brooklyn Sportsplex; MetroTech; Second phase of the Downtown Streetscape program; Atlantic Terminal Urban Renewal Area.
- Federal cuts may cost city $400 million. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;1/31/94, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the cost of federal cutbacks to New York City's programs and budget. Cutbacks in housing funds, anti-poverty program and mass transit; Decline in federal welfare aid; Need of the cutbacks to meet capital for the investment.
- The Permanent Right to Sell Bonds Via Negotiation in N.Y. Heats Up. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;7/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31183, p36
Reports issue regarding the authorization of municipalities to sell debt through negotiation in New York, New York. Proposal of the city to sell a general obligation (GO) bond issue;Reason for the delay in the sale of GO issue; Views of the city officials on the GO sale negotiation;...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;6/24/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p26
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Agreement of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the city council on the fiscal budget for 2003; Resignation of Terry Lane, president and chief executive of the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone in August; Rights of license...
- Mayor Nods $99.7M to DCA. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;04/28/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the budget allocated by the administration of Rudolph Giuliani, mayor of New York City, New York for the Department of Cultural Affairs. Comparison to previously announced budget allocation; Spending for Cultural Institutions Group (CIG); Other major capital fundings.