National City, First of America slated to merge into new holding company
- Huttenlocher bought back from NatCity. Fluker, Anjali // Crain's Detroit Business;5/2/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p35
The article reports that the Huttenlocher Group had been repurchased by its founding family from National City Insurance Group Inc., a division of Cleveland, Ohio-based National City Corp. The Huttenlochers sold the company to First of America Corp. in 1996. Two years later, National City bought...
- NatCity deal foreshadows merger frenzy. Ellison, Evelyn // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p1A
Reports on National City Corp.'s acquisition of First of America Corp. Impact of the merger on the banking industry in Indianapolis, Indiana; Combined assets of the two companies; Number of employees; Number of branches in the area.
- Psst! Did you hear? Serres, Christopher // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/31/99, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p1
Discusses a persistent rumor about the plan of Cleveland, Ohio-based National City Corp. to merge with KeyCorp. Value of the combined assets of the bank holding companies; Theories on sources of the rumors; Stock performance as an indicator of an impending deal.
- LATE NEWS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p1
Presents news briefs on business in Cleveland, Ohio, as of November 11, 2002. Acquisition of a majority interest in the environmental and toxic cleanup company LVI Environmental Services Inc. by private equity investment firm Blue Point Capital Partners; Award of a grant by National City Corp....
- National City Ups Its Offer For Processor It Sold in 1996. PADGETT, TANIA // American Banker;6/23/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 119, p22
Reports on National City Corp.'s raising of its bid for National Processing Inc., a company it previously sold. Analysts' claim that National City may have to increase its offer; National Processing's establishment of a special committee and retention of financial and legal advisers to consider...
- National City takes Banc One's megadeal in stride. Chase, Brett // American Banker;4/29/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 80, p1
Presents information on the reactions of National City Corporation towards Banc One Corporation's megadeal to buy First Chicago NBD Corporation. Comments from David Daberko, chairman/chief executive officer of National City; Information on the reactions of other banks in light of the wave of...
- Local banks offer geographic appeal in consolidating world. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on National City Corporation and KeyCorp with emphasis on consolidation in the finance sector. Identification of companies which merged; Effects of the BankAmerica and NationsBank deal; Comments made by Fred Cummings, bank industry analyst with McDonald & Company Securities in Cleveland.
- National City, Mercantile deals latest in Midwest merger frenzy. Chase, Brett // American Banker;1/13/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p1
States that National City Corporation of Cleveland and Mercantile Bancorporation of Saint Louis decided to make sizable acquisitions in an effort to continue the consolidation of Midwest banking. Amount the two corporations will pay for Fort Wayne in Indiana; Advantages of the acqusition;...
- Nat City makes deal for Sterling. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/17/97, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p2
Reports that the National City Corporation of Cleveland has agreed to acquire the money management and financial counseling concern Sterling Limited. Goal of the National City Corporation; Deal between Sterling and National City; Management strategy used by the National City.