National City, First of America slated to merge into new holding company
- Huttenlocher bought back from NatCity. Fluker, Anjali // Crain's Detroit Business;5/2/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p35
The article reports that the Huttenlocher Group had been repurchased by its founding family from National City Insurance Group Inc., a division of Cleveland, Ohio-based National City Corp. The Huttenlochers sold the company to First of America Corp. in 1996. Two years later, National City bought...
- NatCity deal foreshadows merger frenzy. Ellison, Evelyn // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p1A
Reports on National City Corp.'s acquisition of First of America Corp. Impact of the merger on the banking industry in Indianapolis, Indiana; Combined assets of the two companies; Number of employees; Number of branches in the area.
- As I see it. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/11/98, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p33
Focuses on the investment potential of National City Corp. headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. Company's market strength in Illinois following the acquisition of First America Corp.; Decline in the demand for stock associated with the expectation for the company as a potential takeover target;...
- Competition, options slow Nat City's Chicago push. Turner, Shawn A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p1
No abstract available.
- Psst! Did you hear? Serres, Christopher // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/31/99, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p1
Discusses a persistent rumor about the plan of Cleveland, Ohio-based National City Corp. to merge with KeyCorp. Value of the combined assets of the bank holding companies; Theories on sources of the rumors; Stock performance as an indicator of an impending deal.
- LATE NEWS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p1
Presents news briefs on business in Cleveland, Ohio, as of November 11, 2002. Acquisition of a majority interest in the environmental and toxic cleanup company LVI Environmental Services Inc. by private equity investment firm Blue Point Capital Partners; Award of a grant by National City Corp....
- National City Ups Its Offer For Processor It Sold in 1996. PADGETT, TANIA // American Banker;6/23/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 119, p22
Reports on National City Corp.'s raising of its bid for National Processing Inc., a company it previously sold. Analysts' claim that National City may have to increase its offer; National Processing's establishment of a special committee and retention of financial and legal advisers to consider...
- National City takes Banc One's megadeal in stride. Chase, Brett // American Banker;4/29/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 80, p1
Presents information on the reactions of National City Corporation towards Banc One Corporation's megadeal to buy First Chicago NBD Corporation. Comments from David Daberko, chairman/chief executive officer of National City; Information on the reactions of other banks in light of the wave of...
- Local banks offer geographic appeal in consolidating world. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on National City Corporation and KeyCorp with emphasis on consolidation in the finance sector. Identification of companies which merged; Effects of the BankAmerica and NationsBank deal; Comments made by Fred Cummings, bank industry analyst with McDonald & Company Securities in Cleveland.