Supreme Court refuses to rehear tax case
- High court refuses to review porn ruling. // Advocate;11/7/73, Issue 124, p4
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has rejected requests on giving judges and juries right to define obscenity.
- Finally, Ala. has new chief justice. Wharton, Joseph // ABA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p37
Reports on Alabama chief justice of the state supreme court Perry O. Hooper. Delay in swearing in; Controversy; Litigation; United States Supreme Court decision.
- Supreme Court Bars Federal Age Bias Suits Versus States. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/24/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p16
Reports that the United States Supreme Court rejected a federal legislation which outlaws age discrimination in state employers. Overview of the decision written by Justice Sandra Day O'Connor; Implementation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act by the Congress.
- Megan's Law Protected. Tischler, Eric // Corrections Today;Apr98, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p12
Reports the rejection of a constitutional challenge to Megans Law by the United States Supreme Court. Claim of the plaintiffs; Background on the law; Implication of the decision on similar legislations.
- High court won't revisit public-figure issue. // Hollywood Reporter;10/3/95, Vol. 339 Issue 12, p6
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has rejected a request to consider American Cyanamid as a public figure in the lawsuit against Mylan Pharmaceuticals.
- Justices reject double-jeopardy argument. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;12/11/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 237, p2
Reports that the United States Supreme Court ruled that the government could prosecute bankers even if a regulator already has meted out punishment, on December 10, 1997. Details on Chief Justice William Rehnquist rejecting a double-jeopardy claim; Circumstances surrounding the claim.
- High court rejects condom-distribution case. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;1/17/96, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p16
Reports that the United States Supreme Court rejected Falmouth, Massachusetts, district's policy of making condoms available to junior and senior schools with parents notification. Information on the program; Who backed the students' and parents' appeal; Another rejection from the Supreme Court;...
- Fair-weather friends of the First Amendment. HENTOFF, NAT // Progressive;Jan99, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on First Amendment rights in the United States. Why the book `Huckleberry Finn' was removed from classes; View of Supreme Court justice William O. Douglas on the First Amendment; Reason for the rejection of the Communications Decency Act of 1996.
- Court Rejects Student's Reverse-Discrimination Claim. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;12/08/99, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p21
Reports the rejection by the United States Supreme Court of reverse-discrimination claim of students. Details on the court decision; Information on the claims of students; Other education-related court cases in the country.