Orange County Board considering tougher standards for Treasurer candidates
- Orange County Treasurer Stripped of Investment Power. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Weekly;3/17/2010, p2
The article reports on the decision of the Orange County Board of Supervisors to remove Treasurer-Tax Collector Chriss Street from all investment decisions to preserve investor confidence in the assets of the California county during a meeting on March 16, 2010. His power has been transferred to...
- O.C. Board Takes Voters To Court. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Orange County Board of Supervisors in California to reclaim authority over the county's share of the national tobacco settlement in the United States. Claims against voter-approved Measure H; Allocation of money from tobacco settlement to health care and public...
- `Pay-to-play' supervisors mull bidding reforms. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;01/26/98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
States that the Orange County Board of Supervisors will hold a special meeting to discuss the way it awards $300 million annually in contracts, on January 27, 1998. Division among board members over the issue; Information on county's bidding system; Complaints made by some architectural and...
- AGENCY TO WATCH: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS. // Orange County Business Journal;12/18/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p25
Predicts a controversial year 2001 for the Board of Supervisors of Orange County, California. Stand on the proposed conversion of the El Toro Marine Corps Air Station into a commercial airport; Expansion of the James A. Musick Branch Jail; Opposition to the proposed allocation of the...
- Orange County to consider buy-back of outstanding debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p39
Reports that the Orange County Board of Supervisors will consider a plan to buy back 329 million of outstanding pension-obligation bonds using some of the money earned from bankruptcy litigation against Wall Street. Orange County, California's purchasing of tendered bonds; Reduction of the...
- Guarded praise for county contract system reform. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;02/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
Supports the formulation of a procurement system agreed upon by the Orange County Board of Supervisors for lobbyist and engineer contracts. Rank bidding right from engineering firms given to county agencies; Proposals rejected by the board; Conditions of the modified ranking system.
- Letters. Cope, Catherine // Log Newspaper;12/9/2011, Issue 908, p6
A letter to the editor about the decision of the Orange County, California Board of Supervisors to approve a new long-term lease with Dana Point Shipyard is presented.
- New Law Bans Sex Offenders from O.C. Harbors, Beaches and Parks. Hill, Taylor // Log Newspaper;4/15/2011, Issue 892, p11
The article reports on the new law approved by the Orange County Board of Supervisors according to which registered sex offenders will be prohibited from entering county harbors, beaches or parks.
- New Food Lineup Selected for JWA; Ruby's Plans Bar. // Orange County Business Journal;1/17/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p37
The article reports on the 10-year deal between Orange County, California Board of Supervisors and Bethesda, Maryland-based HMSHost Corp. to revamp locally based restaurants at the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.