Merrill Lynch lays out problem areas in management of Section 8 freeze
- Housing Commission sues over rent overcharges. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;08/11/97, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the filing of a suit by the San Diego Housing Commission against two apartment owners, on allegations of excessive rental charges for subsidized apartments rented to low-income tenants enrolled in a federal housing subsidy program. Comments from Executive Director for the Housing...
- PROJECT TO BE CONVERTED INTO APARTMENTS. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p13
Reports that the Deland (Florida) Housing Authority is exploring a plan to convert Oakland Terrace, West Volusia's only public housing project, into market-rate apartments that accept federal housing vouchers.
- CONGRESS & THE RENT SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM. // Congressional Digest;Jan1966, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the policy of congress regarding the rent supplement program in the U.S. Eligible beneficiaries for rent supplement or subsidy according to the provision of the 1965 omnibus housing act passed by the Congress; Reason for controversy by opponents; Disadvantages of this socialized...
- Federal rental assistance payments. // Practical Accountant;Mar97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the issuance of regulations by the US Internal Revenue Service dealing with the low-income housing credit on application of Section 42(d)(5) to certain rental assistance programs.
- HAWAII: Airport Concessions. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p35
Reports on the rent relief granted to concessionaries operating at the Hawaii airports by the Governor Ben Cayetano. Purpose of the grant given to them; Benefits enjoyed by concessionaries.
- House eyes extra spending to renew section 8 subsidies. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p5
Reports that the US House of Representatives was moving toward approving more than $9 billion of spending to renew expiring Section 8 rental subsidy contracts in 1998. Appropriations bill for the Departments of Veteran Affairs, Housing and Urban Development; Inadequacy of the amount approved to...
- NEWS IN BRIEF: MASSACHUSETTS. // Advocate;4/7/92, Issue 600, p25
Reports that the rent-subsidy program for people with AIDS needs federal assistance due to the increase in the number of AIDS patients who are in need of assistance in the U.S.
- Rent relief for working poor. Herman, Lyndsay // Hub (Hay River, NT);8/29/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p15
The article reports on the Northwest (NWT) Housing Corp.'s rent supplement program which will pay $500 monthly on an accepted applicant's rent cost for two years.
- Senate passes bill revising Section 8 program. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Mar96, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the US Senate's proposals for reforming Section of the rent subsidy program. Merging of tenant-based programs into a single voucher program; Advantages for families with tenant-based assistance; Provisions to repeal.