Condition critical, but stable
- An Early View of the Impact of Deregulation and Managed Care on Hospital Profitability and... Jordan, W. Jack // Journal of Healthcare Management;May/Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p161
Shows the impact of hospital care deregulation and the increase in managed care plans on hospitals' profitability and net worth in New Jersey. Transition to freely-competitive market structure; Increase in penetration rate of heath maintenance organizations; Use of outpatient services.
- Practitioner Application. Keenan, Richard D. // Journal of Healthcare Management;May/Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p171
Comments on W. Jack Jordan's article 'An Early View of the Impact of Deregulation and Managed Care on Hospital Profitability and Net Worth.' Substitution of inpatient with outpatient services; Effects of increase in managed care organizations on patient market of hospitals; Instability of...
- Dividends of deregulation. Hood, John // Policy Review;Jul/Aug97, Issue 84, p8
Points out the benefits of deregulation to consumers of major industries in the United States. Details on how deregulation in natural gas industry, airlines, railroad service, trucking and telecommunications have improved services rendered by the industries; Statistics on the percentage of real...
- Deregulation's transfer of wealth will create both winners, losers. Flippen, Edward L. // Energy User News;May97, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p62
Analyzes the practicability of deregulation of industries affecting public interest in the United States. Beneficial effects of the deregulation; Economic regulation of electricity prices; Downside of deregulation of industries.
- Forum explores deregulation from different angles. Nelson, Kessel L. // Energy User News;Dec97, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p34
Presents an excerpt from the panel discussion on deregulation entitled `Deregulation Critical Issues Forum,' which took part at the 1997 World Energy Engineering Congress in Atlanta Georgia.
- Economics. Samuelson, Robert // Las Vegas Business Press;02/17/97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p27
Presents an overview of deregulation system. Definition of deregulation; Five industries benefiting from deregulation; Effect of deregulation to an industry; Relationship of politics and deregulation.
- Regional review: Indonesia. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Aug96, p14
Reports on the Indonesian government's announcement of a deregulation package which will open up imports of capital goods and raw materials to both domestic and foreign companies. Failure of the package to impact on key areas of the economy that are inefficient or monopolized.
- Firms seeking big savings in electric dereg. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p3
Presents information on the efforts of large companies, business groups and trade associations to investigate the savings that can be accrued if they purchase electricity from a supplier other than Consolidated Edison Company of New York. Reference to the electric deregulation which is...
- Accountants warn of 'make or break' over deregulation. // Credit Management;Jun2012, p12
The article reports that the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales (ICAEW) has warned that 2012 could be a "make or break" year for new deregulatory measures planned by the British Government.