A smooth ride in 1998?
- STREET TALK. Walters, Cathrine L. // Missoula Independent;10/17/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p4
No abstract available.
- Cap and trade unlikely to pass in election year. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;5/6/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that a cap and trade bill is unlikely to be passed in an election year in the U.S.
- So many dems, so little action. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p3
Features the race for the 1998 Democratic gubernatorial nomination. Reference to four candidates who claim that they can end 22 years of the Republican control of the governor's mansion; Views of party professionals; Comments from William J.P. Banks, the influential 36th Ward alderman; Details...
- Tuesday's indicators. // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p20
Focuses on what was indicated in the elections in the United States on Tuesday, November 4, 1997. Triumphs of Republicans; Election struggle of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman; Issues of the public; Advertising by the Republican party.
- Voting Mechanics 101. // Christian Science Monitor;12/20/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 19, p10
Editorial. Discusses the outlook for the reform of the voting system in the United States, in light of the contested 2000 U.S. presidential election.
- Social Measures Do Well on Ballot. Edwards, Catherine // Insight on the News;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p20
Highlights the victory of pro-family and conservative groups in several elections and ballot initiatives in the United States. Fund spent by Democrats and Republicans on social campaigns; Issues on life and life style discussed in ballot initiatives.
- Partisan divisions and voting decisions: U.S. senators, governors, and the rise of a divided... Soss, Joe; Canon, David T. // Political Research Quarterly;Jun95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p253
Studies the emergence of a divided government in the United States through an exploration of the electoral outcomes among same-state senator and governor pairs. Nature of senatorial and gubernatorial elections; Increase in the importance of communication between governors and members of the...
- Use the power--get out and vote. Howard Jr., S. Hunter // South Carolina Business Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p2
Suggests ways that a voter can do to ensure a successful election season in the U.S. Learning about the candidates; Making it easy for others to vote; Identification of polling places; Vote.
- Fewer Americans voting. // State Government News;Apr99, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the voter turnout in the November elections in the United States. Figures from the Study of the American Electorate; Findings of a separate study commissioned by the National Association of Secretaries of State.