LI Power Authority's big deal
- New coalition to fight LILCO/LIPA deal. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/22/97, Vol. 44 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the announcement made by a coalition of business people, civic leaders and conservationists of their opposition to the proposed deal between the Long Island Lighting Co. (LILCO) and the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA). Plans of the `Rate Payers Against LILCO Bailout' coalition to...
- LIPA planning a $2 billion bond sale to finish Lilco takeover. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p3
Reports on the Long Island Power Authority's (LIPA) plan to raise funds with another multibillion dollar bond deal in fall 1998. Power authority's filing of documents with New York State's Public Authorities Control Board seeking approval for $2 billion bonds; Factors affecting the authority's...
- The odd counties award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/4/96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Reports on Nassau County, New York State officials' opposition to Long Island Power Authority's takeover plan of the Long Island Lighting Company.
- Court decision will block LIPA from collecting Lilco property tax rebates. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/23/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30604, p3
Reports on the New York State Supreme Court's ruling that the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) does not have the right to collect $800 million in property tax rebates that had been owed to the Long Island Lighting Company. LIPA's offer of a $625 million settlement on the property taxes;...
- Follow up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/30/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 19, p5A
Reports business developments in New York as of May 6, 2004. Creation of an Environmental Scorecard for the Suffolk County Legislature by Long Island Chapter of the New York League of Conservation Voters; Presentation of the scores to all legislators on the basis of votes taken; Plan of Long...
- LIPA's new takeover bid. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/26/95, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the new takeover bid of Long Island Lighting Co. by the Long Island Power Authority. Differences from the October 1994 bid; Promise by the LIPA plan to reduce Long Island's electric rates.
- LILCO tops ranking. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/22/96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p26T
Reports that the Long Island Lighting Co. (LILCO) is the leading high technology firms based on the number of employees in 1995. Stability of LILCO; Expansion of the workforce by NYNEX, the second company in the ranking.
- Out of the Loop Award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/10/96, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p1
Confers the Out of the Loop Award by the `Long Island Business News' to the Huntington Town for being unaware of Long Island Lighting Co.'s underwater cable leaks.
- Drug testing extended at NY utility. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun92, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p60
Reports that negotiators for the Long Island Lighting Co. and Locals 1049 an d 1381 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers reached an agreement on 4-year contracts that extended a random drug testing program. Employees who were not included in Nuclear Regulatory Commission and...
- Service important to LILCO customers. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/23/96 Supplement, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p38
Presents results of a survey asking Long Island Lighting Co. customers if they would consider less service in exchange for lower rates.