Toolkit to value training
- CIPD survey shows manual staff are poor relations in workplace training. Deeks, Emma // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10
Highlights the results of the annual training and development survey conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development which revealed that manual workers lack workplace training. Importance of training among manual workers in the public sector; Assistance provided by Investors in...
- The danger of taking training to extremes. Cannell, Mike // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p57
Explains the concerns of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) towards extreme training methods. Main categories of extreme training methods; Need for practical and ethical guidelines for training; Risks to the physical or mental health of individuals with the use of extreme training...
- Development test. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p62
Reports on Institute of Personnel and Development West Yorkshire chapter's employee development strategy.
- Support for New Deal. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p11
Reports on the Institute of Personnel and Development's support to initiatives designed to increase the performance of employee.
- Multi-asking ability. Cannel, Mike // People Management;01/14/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the launching of the annual training and development survey of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Training issues to be examined; Survey as a source of authoritative data on training of employees; Announcement of the survey results at the April 1999 IPD Human Resource...
- IPD annual report. // People Management;9/26/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p10
Reports the Institute of Personnel and Development's (IPD) bigger training budget for staff development. IPD's commitment to gaining Investors in People status; Key financial targets of IPD; Comment of Derek Miles of IPD on the implications of the financial status of IPD.
- How to manage your own CPD. Fowler, Alan // People Management;10/24/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p54
States that most professionals institutes require evidence that members are following personal programmes of continuing professional development (CPD). Idea of CPD about intuitive learning; Emphasis in CPD; Four main categories of activities or events from Institute of Personnel and Development...
- Movable assets. Arkin, Anat // People Management;9/25/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p36
Explores the benefits of the British government's Investors in Peoples' management framework to Institute of Personnel (IPD) & Development and its employees. IPD's organizational objectives; Strategies developed to improve training of employees; Impact of employee training and development on an...
- IIP ADDS MANAGEMENT MODEL. Carrington, Lucie // Training Magazine;Mar2003, p5
Presents information on the Leadership and Management Model launched by Investors in People UK in Great Britain as of March 2003, to support its core people development standard. Concept of the management model; Principles governing the core standard; Utilization of the model by the Skipton...