`Give sales a harder sell'
- Sales success suffers when banking on the longshot. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);2/1/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Offers a perspective on sales calls. Description of a cold call; Information on the types of sales calls; Tips on evaluating one's status from sales calls.
- Creating demand. Attardi, Bill // Electrical Wholesaling;Jun99, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p78
Discusses the importance of creating demand for energy-efficient products. Satisfying demand as an ongoing business in the electrical industry; Role of salespeople in creating demand; Difference between satisfy-demand selling and create-demand selling; Importance of explaining options in...
- The W.C. Fields Approach to Selling. Popyk, Bob // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p11
Discusses tips related to selling. Difference between persistence and hounding; Selling experience of the author.
- When customers are buying, sell them more. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);6/28/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p6
Discusses up-selling or add-selling as the single biggest lost opportunity in amateur salesmanship. Definition of up-selling; Information on the up-sell sales theory; Forms or elements of up-selling.
- Sales Training Today: 'Less Rah-Rah, Fewer Bells & Whistles' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Nov81, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on sales training in the U.S. Developing of training into meaningful experiences; Interests of sales training practitioners.
- Teaching the Sales Force to Fail. L'herisson, Laura // Training & Development Journal;Nov81, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p78
Focuses on the failure of traditional sales training programs. Objectives of sales training programs; Teaching of factual information on products or services.
- ONE WORD CAN MAKE THE SALE. // Broker Magazine;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p8
Discusses telephone communication and selling tips. Use of words 'you' and 'your'; Use of time and dates in the conversation; Ending calls with a positive.
- The ten commandments of prospecting. Goldner, Paul S. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jul99, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p90
Presents the ten considerations when prospecting and selling. Includes making an appointment with oneself for one hour each day to prospect; Making client calls brief; Being prepared with a list of names before calling; .
- Rainmakers create new sales ops. Nucifora // Business News New Jersey;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p18
Discusses the application of a Rainmaking mentality in the value-added selling approach. Formation of a strategic alliance between the buyer and the seller; Success implementation of the Rainmaker model by VMS; Role of Rainmakers in the buy-sell process.