Dixons in recognition dialogue with union
- Dixons delivers the goods with first partnership deal. Overell, Stephen // People Management;6/25/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the union recognition deal between Dixons Group and the engineers' union, Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union (AEEU), in Great Britain. Comments from Dixons' spokeswoman and AEEU's Graham Briggs; What the deal can provide.
- Trane, electronic workers settle. Cimini, Michael H.; Behrmann, Susan L. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep93, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p47
Announces contract agreements between Trane Co. and Local 782 of the International Union of Electronics Workers in Tyler, Texas. Wage increases; Health and pension coverage; More.
- IBEW drops targeting and boosts organizing. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/17/95, Vol. 235 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the policy shift of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Dismantling of funded target programs; Shift of the resources into organizing efforts; Creation of a transitional job classification.
- Targeting battle may be over, but manpower war escalates. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/17/95, Vol. 235 Issue 3, p50
Editorial. Comments on the implication of the decision of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers to drop its job targeting programs. Battle over the legal ins and outs of job targeting.
- FW, Dallas electric unions merge. Bronstad, Amanda // Business Press;07/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the merger of the Fort Worth chapter of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers with the Dallas and Abilene IBEW chapters. Strategy to open labor pool for contractors; Replacement for local unions; Benefits and detriments of the union for workers in Tarrant County.
- Looking ahead or back in union activism? // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/9/96, Vol. 237 Issue 11, p62
Editorial. Discusses the objectives of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Partnership with employers; Support for employee wages and working conditions; Relationship with contractors' groups.
- Vote to signal IBEW's direction. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/9/96, Vol. 237 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the struggle for control in the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Candidates vying for international president of the IBEW; Resolution for a vote on the secret ballot issue; Support for the candidates.
- Union to break ground for new building in Salt Lake City. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/05/96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p9
Reports that the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 354 is scheduled to break ground for a new building in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- An Empirical Analysis of Union Election Outcomes in the Electric Utility Industry. SCOTT, CLYDE; SIMPSON, JIM; OSWALD, SHARON // Journal of Labor Research;Summer93, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p355
Unions in the electric utility industry consistently won a greater percentage of elections between 1970 and 1989 than did unions in other industries. Several factors significantly affected union victory rates at electric utilities: when the election was held, the union involved, the size of the...