Personnel: `Faculty of the future'
- Events. // Human Resources (09648380);Nov2009, p60
A calendar of events related to personnel management in England area in November 17 to 25, 2009 is presented which include networking event, conference of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), and a meeting entitled "Occupational Health and Safety: A Healthier Workforce, A...
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;5/6/2010, p35
A calendar of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) branch events in 2010 is presented including "What is the future of L&D" on May 19 in Milton Keynes, England, SIG's "Building blocks for a better business" on May 24 in Coventry, England, and London Human Resources Connection...
- HR still not fluent in 'language of business' Glover, Carol // People Management;11/9/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p12
Assesses the role of human resource (HR) managers in corporate operations in Great Britain. Highlights of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Management 2000 conference; Importance of HR management; Advice to HR practitioners on how to influence business strategy.
- Using computers as a tool to assist CPD. Haistead, Nichola // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p62
Deals with the questions and answers of the author in the concluding report on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) conference in October by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Why CPD had not been compulsory for all; Professional Development Management (PDM) package as an...
- Escape from the hamster wheel. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the Institute of Personnel & Development's national conference in Great Britain, on October 22-24, 1997, which highlights the need for alternative personnel management strategies. Need to break out from conventional strategies such as total quality management, lean production and...
- Chair and share alike. Pett, Frances // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p63
Discusses the events that transpired during the meeting of representatives from almost all Institute of Personnel and Development branches in Great Britain on January 27, 1999. Highlights of the event; Important landmarks reached in the meeting.
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Piano forte. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/1/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p57
Highlights the national conference of the Institute of Personnel and Development on October 28 to 30, 1998. Theme of the conference; Keynote speakers at the conference.
- `Demarcation disputes as quaint as ration books.' MacLachlan, Rob; Littlefield, David // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p12
Discusses the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) employment law conference theme `Employment law and practice: 1995 and beyond,' on July 3, 1995 at Westminster's Queen Elizabeth II center. Information disclosed by employment secretary Michael Portillo in his speech at the conference;...