One lorry's race against the clock
- A GUIDE TO FORWARDED NETWORKS. // JoC Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p36
Lists the U.S. forwarder networks offering independent forwarding services worldwide. Annual sales of Associated World Logistics Network; Screening for customer service by the Certified Transportation Network; Member locations of Global Freight Group.
- Freight Claims and 3PLs, Part 3. Spira, Robert // Traffic World;11/15/99, Vol. 260 Issue 7, p33
Focuses on the approaches adopted by third-party logistics service providers in the United States. Responsibility of carrier for loss, damage or delay claim; Creation of contract term following the general legal rule; Provision of professional integrated transportation service.
- International freight forwarding: an important part of the logistics puzzle. Ogden, Scott // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/23/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p20
The article discusses the significance of international freight forwarding to business logistics.
- Logistics: Briefs. // Traffic World;08/11/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p47
Reports on developments related to business logistics and freight forwarding. Includes Air New Zealand's retaining of Burlington Air Express to handle logistics for repair and return parts; Gateway 2000's selection of GATX Logistics to run three support centers for its manufacturing plants in...
- MTMC Reshapes For Efficiency. // Army Logistician;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p61
Reports on the United States Military Traffic Management Command's (MMTC) initiative to emulate private enterprise transportation organizations. Expectation of reduction in freight rates for MMTC's Department of Defense customers; Centralization of work processes in headquarters; Staff...
- ELITE Formed to Represent Freight Forwarders. // Courier Magazine;Jan/Feb2013, p25
The article reports on the announcement of the ELITE Association of Logistic Networks regarding its launch on December 11, 2012 with an aim to represent the interests of the independent freight forwarding industry in the U.S.
- Perfect placements. Cobb, Robin // Marketing Event;Mar1999, p47
Offers a look at the people and companies to consider in establishing an exhibition site. Issues to consider before choosing a forwarder during an exhibition; Benefit of being a part of a transport group; Why companies employ a special logistics.
- For project professionals keeping the edge means sharpening the saw. Cearley, Gary Dale // American Journal of Transportation;3/9/2015, Issue 598, p7
The article focuses on changes happening in the project forwarding sectors, including reasons project forwarders are always left behind by other logistics providers and the importance of more collaboration on the future viability of the industry.
- Torque Logistics. // Commercial Motor;10/17/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5557, p28
The article reports on the conditions given to supply chain logistics operator Torque Logistics Ltd. for the approval of its seven vehicles and four trailers at the Anchor Works in Bradford, England in 2013.