- Dobsonian construction video. // Astronomy;Sep94, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p104
Introduces the video and reprint from an article appearing in `Amateur Telescope Makers Journal' containing instructions on building a portable telescope. Amateur telescope maker James Stewart's design for 17-inch Dobsonian telescope; Price; Contact information.
- Sound and Motion. Baer, Kim; Vacarra, Jill // Information Design Workbook: Graphic Approaches, Solutions & Ins;2008, p118
The article focuses on sound and motion as important tools for information designers, and includes images including that of the web site for British design firm Johnson Banks that incorporates motion.
- The Case for the 5-Second Interactive. Berinato, Scott // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;5/7/2014, p2
The author discusses the principles of a five-second interactive visual that is easier to comprehend and remember than a traditional infographic including the use of animation to inform, explaining data as simply and explicitly as possible, and employing micronarratives.
- ELLIOT VAN ORMAN: The Day Is Over. Z., Jeff // Ride BMX;Jul2004, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p46
Reviews the video "The Day Is Over," by featuring Elliot Van Orman.
- Building a Bridge. Leamy, Ted // Systems Contractor News;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p82
In this article, the author discusses the relation of advanced audio visual (AV) technologies in building and construction industry. He says that small mistakes in construction industry such as low-voltage systems concerning AV can contribute to error tolerance stack up and affect the quality...
- Making Slides Without Cameras. Boniol Jr., John D. // School Library Journal;Apr75, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p36
Describes how to make slides without cameras. Materials; Instructions; Helpful hints.
- Canonical processes in active reading and hypervideo production. Aubert, Olivier; Champin, Pierre-Antoine; Prié, Yannick; Richard, Bertrand // Multimedia Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p427
Active reading of audiovisual documents is an iterative activity, dedicated to the analysis of the audiovisual source through its enrichment with structured metadata and the definition of appropriate visualisation means for this metadata, producing new multimedia objects called hypervideos. We...
- The 21st Century Classroom. Kridel, Tim // AV Technology;Nov2012, Vol. 5 Issue 9, pA3
The article discusses the application of audiovisual (AV) materials in digital classrooms which require podium cables to be plugged in tablet computers. It notes that pre-installed equipments can standardize lecture capture and accommodation for podium cables. It mentions that integrator...
- Accelerated AV. Boyer, Trevor // Sound & Video Contractor;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p11
The article provides information on the $22.5-million audiovisual (AV) system installed at the radio station infrastructure of Detroit School of Arts in Canton, Massachusetts. The school district's project management team hired Communication Design Associates (CDA) to design the AV systems for...