- Home counties. // Event;Apr2013, p29
The article features venues and event spaces for hire in London, England. The Victorian manor house Heatherden Hall is ideal for receptions, launches and fine dining, with its four function rooms and grounds that can host a temporary structure for up to 400 guests. For team building, awards...
- Something a little different. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
The article lists several unique locations for business conferences and meetings in Great Britain, cataloged by the East of England Tourism organization. Locations include the castles, universities, hotels, parks and other notable tourist landmarks. Examples cited include the Imperial War...
- Tales of Sudelay Castle. Lees-Milne, J.; Moore, D. // Architectural Digest;Mar1988, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p184
The storied Gloucestershire, England, residence of Lord and Lady Asticombe has a 1,000 year old history--from its first owner, Aethelred the Unready, King of England, in 978 to the present Lady Ashcombe, who is from Lexington, Ky.
- Tintagel, Cornwall: The 1990 excavations. Morris, Christopher D.; Nowakowski, Jacqueline; Thomas, Charles // Antiquity;Dec90, Vol. 64 Issue 245, p843
Reports on fieldwork at Tintagel castle in southern Britain earlier this year that was financed by commercial sponsorship that depended on the Arthurian reputation of the place. Work of Charles Thomas; Tintagel Research Committee; Two linked excavations; Tintagel Island; Tintagel parish...
- Sherborne Castle. Ollard, Richard // History Today;Mar94, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on England's Sherborne Castle. When the building was started and completed; Description of the castle; Ownership; George Digby, 2nd Earl of Bristol; Solidity of the building.
- No panaceas in the former mills where the boss went on strike. BARKER, PAUL // New Statesman;11/06/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4410, p62
Features the town of Todmorden in England. History on the Victorian Gothic Castle built by one of the Fielden family; Information on the Unitarian church in the town.
- Ascent of the common man. Marshall, Anthony D. // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p76
Features the Amberly Castle in West Sussex, England. Description; Accommodations; History; Description of dishes served.
- Corfe Castle. // British Heritage;Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p35
Provides information on the history of Corfer Castle, located five miles south of Wareham, on the Isle of Purbeck, a promontory in south-west Dorset, England. How King Edward met his death in 978 in the village of Corfe; Building of the castle by William the Conquer; Listings of famous...
- The last castle in England. Elsberry, Richard // British Heritage;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on Castle Drogo in England. What the castle is constructed of; Purpose of Castle Drogo; Information on Julius Drewe, a merchant prince who commissioned the castle; Castle Drogo's interior decor. INSET: When visiting..