- Daewoo races ahead by focusing on developing markets. // Asian Business Review;Apr97, p18
Presents information about Daewoo Motor Company. Overview of the company; Chairman Kim Tae-Gou's comment regarding the company's status; Total employees of the company; Its annual sales; The establishment of Daewoo Company in developing countries; The company's strategy in expanding its...
- Daewoo redefines the dealership experience. Norris, Ian // Automotive Industries;May95, Vol. 175 Issue 5, p34
Describes the strategy of Korea's Daewoo to sell its vehicles in England through a network of company-owned stores, rejecting the traditional manufacturer-dealer relationship. Details about the sales policy of the company.
- Global briefs. // Automotive Industries;Oct96, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p52
Reports that Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. may cancel its investment of nearly $2 billion to build cars in Poland.
- Daewoo acquisition indicates carmaker poised to enter U.S. Hegarty, Liam // Westchester County Business Journal;08/11/97, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p7
Reports on Daewoo Motor America (Northeast) Inc.'s purchase of a property in Fairfield, Connecticut. Prelude to a much larger presence in the United States; Company's plan to join the world's top 10 automobile manufacturers; Expansion of South Korean and foreign production; Purchase price of...
- Daewoo delays intro until '98. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;7/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5722, p1
Reports that Daewoo Motor Corporation will delay its entry into the United States market until early 1998. Details of advertising and dealerships.
- Daewoo seeking top executive for U.S. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;6/19/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5610, p4
Reports on Daewoo Motor Ltd.'s nationwide search for an executive to head an American sales company. Company's plan to enter the American automotive industry; Purpose of the company's entry in the American market.
- Daewoo, Polish plant OK venture. // Automotive News;7/10/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5613, p4
Reports on Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.'s agreement to set up a joint venture with a Polish van factory to produce cars and vans.
- Daewoo Motors to begin agency search in `97. McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/25/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p4
Reports on Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.'s hiring of Paine & Associates as its first agency in the U.S. in preparation for a national agency search. Comments from executive vice president for international operations C.S. Lee.
- Daewoo acquisition indicates carmaker poised to enter U.S. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/11/97, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p1
Reports on Daewoo Motor America's purchase of a site of a former automobile dealership in Fairfield, Connecticut. Possible prelude to a much large presence in the United States; Target production of the company; Possible extreme approach for marketing Daewoo's vehicles; Production plans for the...