- Land Rover may see 50 percent sales gain. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;1/9/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5586, p48
Reports on Land Rover North America's introduction of a new lineup that is expected to boost sales in 1995 by as much as 50 percent. 1994 Land Rover sales figures; Sales of the new Discovery model as a contributing factor to high 1994 sales; Expected better availability of the Discovery in...
- Discovery gets lease deal. // Automotive News;7/24/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5615, p2
Reports on the offering by the Land Rover North America Inc. of its first lease deal on the Discovery sport-utility. Factor for deal offering; Qualifications for the lease deal.
- Rover plans steep climb in U.S. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;6/28/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5506, p1
Reports on Land Rover North America Inc.'s plans to quadruple sales to more than 16,000 units a year. Debut of sport utility `Discovery' for the 1995 model year; Letter of David Schworm, vice president of Eastern operations, on Land Rover's future as a franchise for its dealers; Demand to build...
- Travel theme at Land Rover. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jul95, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p77
Focuses on flooring designs used by Land Rover North America Inc. for its stores. Use of adventure travel lifestyle themes for designs; Materials used for flooring construction; Blending of the flooring with overall store design.
- Rover studies car sales in U.S. Feast, Richard // Automotive Industries;Feb97, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p62
Reports on BMW's strategy for the United States market in light of its purchase of Land Rover from British Aerospace and Honda. Company's plan for a version of the Discovery sport utility vehicle for spring 1998; Design of all future Rover products for world markets including the U.S.; Movement...
- New Land Rover digs include dealership `school'. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;2/5/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5644, p56
Reports on Land Rover North America Inc.'s construction of its headquarters in Lanham, Maryland. Construction of a separate facility for its Land Rover University training program for dealership employees; Budget for both projects; Number of employees; Information on the company's dealerships.
- Rover to sell 4x4s separately in Europe. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;3/3/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5702, p42
Looks at plans of Rover Group to split the Land Rover vehicle brand away from Rover cars in Europe. Planned opening of between 500 and 600 Land Rover stores by 2000; Country where first stores will be built; Number of vehicles sold by Land Rover in Europe in 1997.
- Rover remakes retail for `4x4 lifestyle'. Stanley, T.L. // Brandweek;3/6/95, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p2
Reports on Land Rover North America's concept in automobile dealership. Features of the package; Plans to enhance brand; Promotion of a four-wheel drive lifestyle.
- U.S. Land Rover sales to top 20,000 in '95. // Ward's Auto World;Dec95, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p9
Looks at predictions for the sale of over 20,000 vehicles in the United States by Land Rover North America Incorporated in 1995. Comparison to 1994 sales; Views from company spokesman.