- Boarding Barriers. Roland, Alexis // New Moon Girls;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
The author talks about snowboarding and getting a Burton Snowboards sponsorship.
- Quiksilver title sponsor of Mammoth Board Park. Deemer, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;11/08/99, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p11
Focuses on Quiksilver Inc. as title sponsor of the Mammoth Mountain Unbound Park for snowboarders in California.
- WOULD YOU? // TransWorld Snowboarding;
The author speculates possible moral dilemmas facing snowboarders who are seeking corporate sponsorship. He mentions if one would ride as fast as the fictional race car driver Ricky Bobby and put a Fritos logo over his goggle lens in exchange for a 500 hundred U.S. dollars a month. He also cites...
- BOARDERS COMPETE. // Beverage Industry;Apr2003, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p74
Reports that SoBe Beverage Co. has sponsored the Philips U.S. Open Snowboarding Championships at Stratton Mountain in Vermont. Number of competitors in the event; Prize money involved in the event.
- Unionbay back to backing boards. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;11/30/98, Vol. 39 Issue 45, p9
Discloses that Seattle Pacific Industries' Unionbay has inked a deal to sponsor the 1999 US Open Snowboarding Championships. Telecast of the event on ESPN and ESPN2; Other event sponsors Burton and Mountain Dew.
- Swiss Army to Sponsor Snowboarding Event. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/14/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 112, p21
Reports that Swiss Army Brands will be a sponsor of the United States Open Snowboarding Championships in Stratton, Vermont on March 15-21, 1999. Significance of the move; Details on the snowboarding championship; Information on the company.
- JED ANDERSON. Muzzey, Joel // TransWorld Snowboarding;Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p090
An interview with Canadian snowboarder Jed Anderson is presented. He talks about his snowboarding experience, in which he claimed that he started when he was six years old. He cites his reasons behind his move to stop his snowboarding sponsorship. He presents his advice to the children who want...
- Plumber chases Olympic dream. Roulo, Candace // Contractor Magazine;Mar2009, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p5
The article highlights the pursuit of licensed plumber Jonathan Cheever to join the U.S. Snowboarding team in the Olympics. It notes that Cheever, a native of Massachusetts, is part of the 2009 U.S. Snowboarding team which will compete at Snowboardcross, competition based on time qualifications...
- Can sponsorships be harmful for events? Investigating the transfer of associations from sponsors to events. Henseler, Jörg; Wilson, Bradley; De Vreede, Dorien // International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship;Apr2009, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p244
This paper outlines how sponsorships can be beneficial or harmful to events. Using an experimental design and focusing on association transfers surrounding a snowboarding event, we illustrate that the sponsoring brand associations have a significant effect on the associations of the event. Our...