NVQs take a step closer after a test
- Fast thinkers have the advantage. Daniel, Michelle; Myers, Wendy S. // Women in Business;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p7
Offers results of a survey which identified skills that will give you an edge at work. Thinking skills; Problem solving; Decision making; Knowing how to learn; Knowledge of computers, technology and software.
- Internationalizing qualifications. Peck, Bryan T. // Phi Delta Kappan;May95, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p732
Reports on the certification programs for vocational qualifications in the countries of the European Union (EU). Details on the EU's Council of Ministers' framework for developing a system of information sharing; Adoption of the European Community Action Scheme for the Mobility of University...
- Most of these occupations require education beyond high school. // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep93, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p14
Lists occupations that require education beyond high school. Registered nurses; General managers and executives; Engineers; Physicians; Lawyers; Teachers aides; Financial managers; Therapists; More.
- Group looks at making academic achievement count. Hayden, Ellen T. // South Carolina Business Journal;May97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the professional eligibilities required by different business firms for quality businesses. Procter & Gamble chief executive John E. Pepper's concerns in improving the communication between business and education; Quality of the employee pool; Academic requirements by the national...
- Don't think you're something you're not. Divita, Sal // Marketing News;1/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p21
Features an analysis towards scouting for the right position given a person's attitudes and qualifications. Suitability of a position with the person's determination; Consideration of having the right attributes for a job; Stagnation in a position with the lack of correct work attitude.
- Education Report. Conway, Catherine // J.GENCA;Jul2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p23
No abstract available.
- LEED GREEN ASSOCIATE CREDENTIAL LAUNCHES IN CANADA. // SA&B Mag: Sustainable Architecture & Building;Jan/Feb2010, Issue 21, p10
The article reports on the launch of Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate credential, which is designed to recognize professionals in the field of green building and is considered as the fastest growing credential of Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), in...
- Time to take the NVQ system back to basics? Harrison, Roy // People Management;11/7/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p45
Focuses on national vocational qualifications (NVQ) as recommended at Gordon Beaumont's report. Fundamental issues on the structure and format of NVQs and their external assessment; Recommendations of Sir Ron Dearing on merging of the Schools Curriculum and Assessment Authority;...
- Transcendental skills. // PC Week;7/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 28, pE3
Focuses on the report `Career at a Crossroads: Executive Employability in the Nineties.' Skills sought by corporations.