UN&M posts rise in pre-tax profits
- Miller Freeman upgrades with CMP. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age;5/3/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p56
Reports that Miller Freeman's parent company United News & Media purchased CMP Media in May 1999. Amount of money involved in the deal; How the deal could make Miller Freeman a leader in the high technology information industry in the United States; Details of the deal and services involved.
- UNITED SELLS MILLER ARM TO VNU. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;07/19/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 31, p4
Reports that United News & Media PLC is selling the United States division of trade show and publishing subsidiary Miller Freeman Worldwide to publishing conglomerate VNU NV for $650 million.
- U.K. media merger to expand Freeman's realm. J.S. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p18
Presents information on the possible merger between United News & Media PLC and MAI PLC. Involvement of Marshall Freeman, chairman and chief executive officer of Miller Freeman Incorporated; Information on operations to be undertaken by Marshall Freeman.
- UNITED SELLS TRADE MAGS. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;07/26/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 36, p6
Reports on United News & Media PLC's sell of Miller Freeman Europe to Reed Elsevier PLC, a publishing firm in Europe.
- Reed Elsevier Acquires Maison & Objet/Macef. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep2000, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p24
Reports the contract signed by Reed Elsevier PLC with United News & Media PLC to purchase the company including Miller Freeman Europe. Integration planned for the business; Major exhibitions included in the deal; Significance of the acquisition.
- United deal may start show sales. Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Jan2000, p4
Reports on the businesses that would be divested with the merger between Miller Freeman parent United News & Media and Carlton. Focus of Miller Freeman; Where the proceeds would be re-invested; Details on Miller Freeman's business-to-business group; Expected amount of the assets.
- United News & Media PLC. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;8/26/96 Supplement Creators, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p52
Profiles United News and Media PLC. Company background; Business operations; Financial performance.
- United News & Media. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p40
Features media and entertainment company United News & Media. Formation of the company via the merger of MAI and United Newspapers; Launch of a bid to takeover HTV; Accumulation of a portfolio of film investments; Plans for a joint venture with Warner Bros.
- United News and Media has announced pre-tax profits... // Campaign;09/12/97, Issue 37, p3
Reports on the increase in the pre-tax profits of United News and Media for six months, ended June 30, 1997. Broadcasting profits; Consumer publishing division.