Fair play plea by Games host
- Candidate cities bid for 2004 Olympics. // Christian Science Monitor;1/12/96, Vol. 88 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the International Olympic Committee's (IOC's) report that at the close of the January 10, 1996 deadline, a record 11 cities had submitted bids to host the 2004 Olympics. Names of the countries which submitted bids; Cities that had made previous bids; Highest previous number of...
- Bidding Beijing adieu? Wolff, Alexander; Stone, Christian // Sports Illustrated;8/14/95, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the Beijing's plan to pass on the 2004 Olympic Games. Other Chinese cities mounting a bid for the 2004 Games; Reasons for passing on the event.
- Countdown to 1997 Olympic decision. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;12/28/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p12
Reports that according to Puerto Rico Commission's president, Marimer Olazagasti, the island has good chances of hosting the 2004 Olympiad. Preparations for first test; Local infrastructure; Benefits of the event; Influence on tourism; Comments from Olazagasti.
- The Olympics race is on: Which city will it be in 2004? Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/97, Vol. 89 Issue 196, p13
Questions which city the Olympics will be held at in the year 2004. Rome, Italy; Athens, Greece; Stockholm, Sweden; Cape Town, South Africa; Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Support the Athens Olympics. Cooley, John K. // Christian Science Monitor;3/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 74, p11
Argues that despite security concerns of some government officials, the 2004 summer Olympic Games should take place in Athens, Greece.
- SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/20/2004, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p8
Presents several quizzes on topics featured in the September 20, 2004 issue of "Scholastic News," including the U.S. Electoral College and the 2004 Summer Olympics.
- Good Sports. Linn, Laura // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/10/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 24, p2
Features swimmer Michael Phelps and gymnast Courtney McCool, the two U.S. athletes who will compete in the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece from August 13 to 29, 2004.
- THE OLYMPIC IDEAL. Cashill, Robert // Entertainment Design;Nov2004, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p20
Discusses the international design effort used in the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. Key features and specifications; Athenian aesthetic used in the design of the games; Design credits.
- SPORTS AND POLITICS: GOODBYE SYDNEY 2000 -- HALLO ATHENS 2004. Spyropoulos, Evangelos // East European Quarterly;Spring2004, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p65
Probes into the connection between sports and politics, in relation to the 2004 Olympic Games to be held in Athens, Greece. Efforts of Greece to gain hosting privileges for the Olympics; Innovations added to the athletic events; Doubts on Greece's ability to afford security for the event and...