Ad group buys up event outfit
- McCann creates new management company. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Advertising Age;9/22/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the decision of McCann-Erickson Worldwide to change its name to McCann-Erickson WorldGroup to reflect the goal of raising other marketing disciplines to the level of traditional advertising. McCann-Erickson WorldGroup consists of seven companies, each focused on a...
- McCann adds creatives. Kim, Hank; McMains, Andrew // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/31/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p6
Reports that McCann-Erickson in New York City, New York, has hired three staffers to help on accounts such as MasterCard, Gateway, and Marriott. Chris Van Oosterhout's recruitment for the MasterCard business; Sherry Pollack as senior creative director; Lisa Mirchin's recruitment for the Ferrero...
- Why McCanns chose Holland. Yates, Karen // Campaign;07/04/97, Issue 27, p10
Reveals the reasons behind McCann-Erickson's selection of Amsterdam, Holland for the launching of an additional advertising agency. Absence of competition in the area; Saturation of creative talents in Scandinavia; Establishment of a `virtual' agency in Amsterdam for French companies to entrust...
- McCanns searches for merger partner to boost Scots shop. // Campaign (UK);07/11/97, Issue 28, p2
Reports on McCann-Erickson Worldwide's search for a merger partner to bolster its Scottish agency. Company's loss of the Theakston beer account.
- McCanns launches shop to expand its healthcare offering. // Campaign (UK);07/11/97, Issue 28, p6
Reports on McCann-Erickson's plan to launch a specialist agency in London, England to help build its healthcare business in the United Kingdom and across Europe.
- What I wear. // Adweek Western Edition;09/29/97, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p23
Profiles MacCann-Erickson director of account planning, Ed Cotton. Information on the type of clothes he wears; Who they are designed by; Views of Cotton.
- McCann-Erickson shows steady growth. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;9/16/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p56
Reports on the steady growth of McCann-Erickson Corp. Acquisition of accounts in 1993; Impact of growth leading to hiring of additional personnel; Result as talented creative team.
- Mejia transferred to McCann's Colombia office. // Caribbean Business;9/11/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p32
Reports that Colombia-born Paul Mejia, president of McCann-Erickson has been transferred to the company's Colombia office. Who will replace Mejia; What was his most recent coup; Information on other transfers.
- McCanns revamps account structure. // Campaign (UK);01/09/98, Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McCann-Erickson's creation of its own internal market in which account groups will complete with each other for the right to handle incoming business. Description of the grouping created to handle accounts; Comment by Ben Langdon, chief executive officer of McCanns; Details of the...